shroom growing

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by K5chris, Oct 25, 2009.

1. okay i did a search and found a few answers to questions i had, but still i want to know. do i have to get spores from the web, or can i get them myself? never done this before, only picked them up in a field

2. If you picked genuine shrooms that contained psilocybin in the wild, then you could get your own spore print.

But it just seems easier and more convenient to order the spore syringes. It also makes it more sterile which is the most important thing in growing shrooms.

3. thats what i figured, is it easier then growing bud?

4. It looks easier.

I've never grown either yet.

I plan to grow both very soon though, in like the next month or so.

5. #6 jcH09, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009

I wouldn't know, considering I've never tried growing bud. But I am currently growing some shrooms with a friend. If you are planning on growing shrooms, I would recommend the PF Tek. It's really good. I'm still waiting for my shit to fully colonize. I would post pictures, but the jars are at my friend's house.

One important tip: EVERYTHING must be sterile. If you're getting your spores in a syringe, you HAVE to sterilize your needle before injecting the spores, the jars that you're going to colonize them in, your hands, EVERYTHING. As soon as some mold starts growing, you have wasted your money. You have to throw out everything and start all over.

EDIT: You should order from online, it's a lot more reliable. This is where I got my spores from: http://www.ralphstersspores.com/

6. I wouldnt pick from the wild unless you know your shit about shrooms
    unless you want to die
    and a death by shrooms is usually diarrhea till you drop
    I shroom hunt and there are a lot out there that look legit but arent what they seem

definitely buy a spore print online
    and i think its harder to grow then weed
    you have to keep everything clean clean clean clean clean clean
    and the humidity has to stay high constantly, pain in the butt if youre a busy person

7. im home every morning, and every night so time is not really a big deal. i will look into a full kit so now my question is, whats the best strain and system.

8. ive nevr grown bud, but am currently growing psylocybe cubensis and it seems quite a bit easier. As soon as your take care of innoculation(hardest part ithink, sterility is key) its pretty much just a waiting game

9. Psilocybe Azurescen - aka flying saucers

10. Hey man, I'm actually growing some shrooms right now, its really not too tough yet but I imagine when fruiting starts they'll be a bit more time intensive. Sterilization is key, and even then you're probably still going to have problems the first time around.

I highly recommend starting with the "PF Tek" method since it seems to be very beginner friendly, I know it has been for me. I've also heard that generally all cubensis strains are relatively easy to grow compared to other types of mushrooms. But until I venture out in the mycological world a bit more don't take my word 100% on that.

Anyway if you want to check out some of my jars just go here.

11. its retardedly simple. get a bottle of the highest proof rubbing alcohol you can to clean through the process. pf tek will take you farther than youve ever dreamed.

12. ill be doing some research but i want a really strong strain since it will be for personal consumption, and i dont like mushrooms all that much so i dont want to have to eat a lot of caps. not to mention if i loose some of my "crop" ill still have a couple strong ones.