Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shroom Enhancment

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Darth Vader, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ultimate Shroom Enhancer is Syrian Rue, you may have to research it like on erowid: http://tinyurl.com/2obyr, but what it does is it activates the DMT in psilocybin (shrooms) and it may even make the dose twice as potent, so most advise to be careful on the amount shrooms consumed as it is a more intense trip. Kratom or some good Kava also may help to ease the trip, and ofcourse Weed (which should always be part of the peak/comedown).

2. ya i was just about to say MAOI\'s i have heard enhance shroom effects. and i think syrian rue is one of those. but i cant speak from experience, just my readings.

3. okay i will give you my secret recipe for what i call shroom juice. i forgot how it works exactly but it has to do with lowering the pH to a degree that helps convert pslicybin into psilocin. it makes me and every one who ive given it to (5 different people) trip twice as hard. you take 2/3 your normal dose of shrooms. put them in a coffee grinder. grind them shits till its powder. pour the powder into something with a lid, like a bottle. get LIME not lemon (lemon has a slightly higher pH but i guess it will still work but LIME is where its at) LIME extract the pH is 1 i believe. pour enough LIME extract to soak the powdered shrooms. put in a dark cold place (i prefer the fridge) let it sit for about 8 hours. then you can either pour it into something like a shot glass and take it in one go or mix it with your favorite beverage. this shit hits pretty fast because its already liquid not to mention its chopped up so you dont have to chew it. it will hit faster and harder but last not as long (about 4-5 hours in my experience). try this shit. it will FUCK YOU UP.

4. Yeah OJ definitely makes it better. Don\'t just have one glass.. have two

ps: there is an other drug section.
    Pandora\'s Box

5. you are correct, syrian rue is an MAOI.

However, syrian rue does not activate the DMT, after Psilocybin is metabolized it becomes psilocin. psilocin is a molecule that is pretty much exactly the same as dimethyltryptamine (DMT) except it has a single extra carbon molecule on the one end.

Psilocin, like DMT and other tryptamines are broken down in the blood by monoamine oxidase, so if you take an MAO inhibitors, your friendly tryptamine alkaloids won\'t be removed by the monoamine oxidase... meaning that you will be high for longer, and likely have a \'heavier\' trip.

Btw, since MAO inhibitors prevent your body from cleaning many metabolites out of your body, you should be extremely careful when using them, because over dosing becomes much easier to do.

6. you can make juices;
    So i tried the black currant mixture with great success, we blended (I recommend coffee grinder for the mushies) 3.5g with about 2 cups juice and 20 drops of kava kava root extract.

We took a break about 1.5 miles into the trail and drank our mixtures. This was the first time i actually had the initial sense of nausea, which is strange because I can stomach many undesirable things. Im pretty sure this is a result of me not having a coffee grinder in which to turn the mushrooms to powder. Instead we used my blender, which worked but resulted in some chunkiness, which made the drinking process less desirable. After drinking the juice we set off and within 20 mins the world was transforming.

We had a great time on the trail, and at the top plateau. And was an unbelievably epic journey, after smoking a couple bowls we decided to hiking down. We ended our day with my friend driving down the canyon with the sun set at our backs. It was a great day.

Suggestions for replication;

the black currant was almost too tart for my taste. Since it is a base to make juice with, there must be a more desirable recipe. I will search around for that

Kava Kava root is a must! I enjoyed its effects very much, made things much more vivid.

- but only include kava if you feel as though you can handle it, my friend had a rough time because it was a bit overwhelming for him. Which may or may not be caused by the kava kava root extract, but im sure it didn\'t help him.

Otherwise I suggest this mixture to anyone, I yields great results.

I can neither confirm or deny its psychological parallels to ayahuasca for I have yet to experience ayahuasca.

In an effort to delve deeper into the mystery surrounding the black currant juice i find myself researching it.

I found out that black currant berries have an unusually high amount of Anthocyanins compared to other berries, this has been accepted as the causation for the berries pigment. However more recent studies have linked it with substantial improvements in eye sight over a period of 24 hours (see link below, specificly the section on Eye Sight halfway down the page)

http://chiro.org/nutrition/FULL/Anthocyanins.shtml

could the ultra high content of vitamin C be the link here? in 240mL of Black Currant Juice there is 6% Vitamin A, 6% Calcium, and 210% Vitamin C (Knudsen, 2008)

in the same link you can find that studies of other berries containing high levels of Anthocyanins have been linked to reduced stress-related parameters such as blood glucose levels.

Not to mention the powerful antioxidant that anthocyanin is, could anthocyanins be the key to the black currant mystery?

one easy way to test would be to get another berry extract that is high in anthocyanins and test its effects with psilocybin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.