Shredded bananas?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Mxlongboard, Aug 25, 2010.

1. I've been thinking about adding some potassium to my so far no nutrient plant. I'm fairly new at growing so what would be some good easy ways to get nutrients in the soil? Would sprinkling ground banana peels hurt?

2. try banana peels, a little blood meal, and bone meal. I usually mix it in the soil but sprinkling a little on the top will work too.

3. http://www.apnan.org/APNAN Manual.pdf

If you do a search on "Soil Recycling", there is a Thread called making your own EM....or something like that.

Therre is some really interesting information posted by Lumperdawg and Possume38North (I think I have the names right).

those guys would tell you to grind up the banana, ferment it for 5-7 days with some molasses, strain the mixture and add the remaining liquid to your plant as a bloom booster at a 1:500 ratio.

4. though the introduction doesn't sit perfectly well with me (Organic = low yield?!) I will keep reading this later

5. I'm working with bananas right now, and cuke skin, cantaloupe skins and tater skin, because they are all high in 'k'. I have them in a half covered and well screened bucket with molasses and water and a micro hoard to break all the stuff down for plant consumption. I'm hoping that when my rice water lacto-bacillus culture is finished i can add that and it will control the smell somewhat better than the culture group i am presently working with :D

6. LOL! Good luck with the smell bro. I never could get rid of it enough to where I could bring it in the house! It's a completely rational and neat concept. LD suggested i try pure, unflavored yogurt or miso to combat the smell (I think this is along the lines of EM thinking) but it just didn't do it for me. LOL! But, in all fairness, I was using some plant material, and a bunch of it, that may or may not have been a good source to use.

It's the anerobic bacteria that are causing the stink! Once it goes anerobic it's an all out, rotting, nasal afront! I'm thinking if one could bottle the smell one might be able to topple governments with threat of releasing it...LOL! That shit stinks!

Peace out!

7. You're funny.
    I think it's the taters that reek the most, they smell like rotting squid in a running shoe left in the sun all day, looks like boogers too. The green squashy cuke stuff is now liquid mess that sinks to the bottom, so the cuke skins were popular with the micro-herd that i used them or just easier for them to break down. It's aeobic tho, in air-stoned water. Can still bloody smell it four feet away, probably not nearly what you had with the anerobic ones though.