Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shred it before you smoke it???

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Lipper, Feb 11, 2009.

1. So I've been chopping my herb up real well before smoking for the last 10 years. I got to thinking, am I doing myself a disservice by chopping so thin that I may possibly be losing the potency of the THC?

For example, I take a shot glass (or orange pill bottle), put my buds in there, take a pair of scissors and put it in the bottle and slice away. It breaks it up REAL fine and makes for the most efficient way to get lots of milky bong hits, but am i losing sticky thc from making it shake? Basically I want to know, could i be getting higher if I leave the herb in more of a clumpy bud form? It just doesnt seem like an efficient way to smoke herb...also, the herb i'm smoking is always (imo) top notch, lots of crystals, lots of stickiness.

I'll probably keep smoking this way (old habits die hard), but I wanted to hear the thoughts of other folks who smoke habitually.....any feedback?

Thanks all.:smoking:

2. You could just look in the bottle and take all the fallen off thc and put it in a bowl

3. yea u are losing quality, not only are u losing some of those crystals but ur also bruising them, with good weed like u say u got thirs usualy no need to break it into shake wich u shouldnt even be able to do with good bud unless its dry as hell.

4. You should invest in a grinder with a kief screen

5. Yea, you're losing SOME but not enough to stress over. If you like the way it smokes then get a grinder with a keif catcher.

6. i also get high grade shit and like cutting it up small. i use a grinder with the keif catcher and i always notice there is a noticable amount more in the bottom after i grind a few g's of sticky bud. you are probaly losing more than you think doing it your way. my grinder was like $15 and it makes life so much easier