Showing Sex?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Danker, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Alright I have a quick question. How soon would a plant start showing sex. I vegged for about a week under 24 hour light. I am doing 12/12 now. It has been under 12/12 for nearly a week now(5 days). I don't even know if it is going to be a girl of a boy. I'm mostly just attempting to grow for more experience. I don't really care if it turns out to be male cause there is bound to be something I can do with it.

2. well my one of my plants showed pre flowers almost 3-4 weeks into veg after the clone rooted. another one had preflowers when i got it. your pistils should have already appeared i would think around the first 1-14 days into 12/12. it also depends on the strain mainly and how healthy your plants are. hope this helps.

3. Oh yea I should have added this is a bagseed grow. And right now it is only 1.5 inches tall but it already has 4 leaf sets INCLUDING the round leafs. Also the fifth leaf set, or the 4th which ever u wana call it is nearly ready to show up. Also there are already leafs coming out from the areas where the main leaf sets are, if you understand what I mean. I am really baked right now so I am having a hard time explaining it. I will try and get some pictures in the next coming days. Maybe by than it would have actually showed the sex, unless plants need to be a certain age before they "sexually" mature.

4. some pictures would help. its sounds like your flowering a bit to early. you want at least 8 nodes before you flower so ruffly at bare minimum a foot tall. remember there has to be leaves to create flowers.

5. Well I am trying to get this as small as I possibly can. The leafs are actually pretty big already. And I don't have a lot of time to grow. Probably like 4 more months.

6. i see. honestly i would not know what to do then. ive herd of the sea of green technique where you flower as soon as the clones takes root hehe. but thats for experienced growers and is usally done hydro. im sure your plant will flower if you have enough brackets of leaves. good luck :wave:

7. hey im in the same boat lol

8. The clones are also usually taken from plants that are sexually mature i am not sure if you can sex a plant before it is sexually mature which is about 6-8 weeks, i have a plant that is 2 months old in 3 days and it still hasnt shown me its sex yet. ><

9. 2 months...? Some strains also will not show their sex in their vegg stage. Keep that in mind.

10. Hmm well that sucks, ive had lights on 24-7 since i started i wonder if switching to 18/6 might help with getting some preflowers.