Showerhead vs tree perc?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by blackleaf28, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Can anyone explain to me the specifics of the difference (in draw and smoothness) between these two?

ive smoked from pieces with both but id like to know why one is better than the other or if thats not the case, why theyre different

2. i prefer showerhead. to me it feels like a smoother hit and they seem more durable than the tree percs

3. I have both and the showerhead is more diffused (than my 6 arm bubbler) but has an airy hit. Kind of like breathing and has very little drag. The tree has minimal drag but kind of bubbles back and forth from arm to arm.

4. Tree perc feels more fragile to me. I don't shake it when I clean it. I shake my showerhead as hard as I can and its held up fine. Just different construction.

5. Chief keif has the right idea. Of course it depends on the quality of the shower head and trees but in general a shower head is a more solid design. One small bump and the trees can break inside the piece. Annoying as hell has happened to me many times. I have never broken a shower head it's all one piece so is a nice design for daily use