Showerhead Perc Vs Honeycomb Perc?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by thatguy4419, May 9, 2014.

1. so im looking at a couple of pieces here and im wondering what everyone's opinion is about the two percs.

the first is a showerhead which looks like it stacks very well in the video on the link.

http://www.afrosmoke.com/C2-12-Showerhead-Direct-Inject_p_1535.html

the second is a honeycomb but it does not have a video and ive searched everywhere for a video of it being hit and i cant find anything, but it seems like a great bong.

http://www.afrosmoke.com/Grav-Labs-16-Stemless-Honeycomb-Water-Pipe--Black_p_2202.html

let me know what you guys think or if louver had either of these let me know how they hit.
    Thanks everyone!

2. Honeycomb. I love the tiny bubbles and the way it looks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've never smoked out of a shower head. So i gotta go with honeycomb. It produces a good amount of bubbles. 

4. You realize that one is an oil rig and one is a bong right?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. yes i do.  im not to worried about that i will just get a female slide if i do decide to get the oil rig

6. Well you should know that oil rigs and water pipes are different in design for a reason.

Most water pipes used for herb have lots if percs to help diffuse the smoke and make it smoother where as an oil rig usually has minimal diffusion so that flavor is better.

If you like the perc in the rig if look for a bong with that perc. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. that is true. i think i am going to get the honeycomb anyways. its cheaper and more recommended thanks 

8. They both look nice but probably the honeycomb is the way to go.

9. #10 phunk doc, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    more people will probably recomend honeycombs** because they are almost drag free. if you like a slight chug to your piece, then get the showerhead. if you prefer drag free hits, by all means go for honeycomb.

10. I personally like the shower heads over honeycombs.  I have a honeycomb myself but want to change to tree percs and shower heads.  The piece with the honeycomb looks better for flowers though.  I just find that the honeycomb even when clean sometimes only some of the holes are used.  The shower head perc does have slight drag to it but it also hits much smoother IMO.  You can always buy a shower head perc or a honeycomb add on if you want later on.  

11. #12 Lucinations, May 13, 2014
    I have a triple honey comb maverick and a double showerline liquid sci. The honey combs def produces smoother hits with less chug IMO.

I'd go honeycomb.

The showerline is much harsher for me, that might be good for oil, but i honestly like high diffusion for oil, I used a mobius 60b as my Daily driver.

Edit: wanted to add that my pieces almost match those exactly in shape, they just have a diff amount of percs

12. #13 DorianOmega, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    A nice showerhead with plenty of even spaced slits and nice airflow can out stack a honeycomb any day , honeycombs are nice but just because they have upwards of 90 holes doesn't mean they are all going to fire and make more bubbles, they mostly help to clear the pipe more so then create a bunch of bubbles from my experience.

You should go with the c2 over the grav labs, its a much nicer piece that imo will function better, also it says it comes with a free reversal bowl.

13. I personally do not like honeycomb percs, or at least I havent got to hit a proper one.  A circ is such a nicer pull.

Is this for flower or oil? one of those is an oil rig

14. i didnt even notice it had a reversal bowl with it lol even better for me

i will be using it for both mainly flower though.

15. I would have different pieces for oil and flower, then you dont have to clean it if you want to dab out of it. A smaller rig will be far better for oil than a flower piece

16. i do agree completely but im saving up to get just one right now and eventually i will get another rig just for dabbing. i dont mind cleaning my peices often anyways to keep the resin from making the hit taste bad, i was also thinking about a reclaimer kit until i get another peice. have you tried those at all? if so do they work?

17. Tried what? A claim catcher? They work great. If you were talking about those pieces you linked, no I havent

18. #19 WaxPayne, May 13, 2014
    I love that Mobb instrumental from the water test vid in the first link. For oil, I'd go with that one, for flower the Grav Labs. 

19. so im pretty set on the grav labs bong with the honeycomb. its cheaper and gonna let me buy some nice bud after maybe even some dabs to melt on the bowl. although it will be at least the end of the month before i get it (when i finish getting drug tested) ill post a picture  and maybe even a video of me ripping it.

THANKS EVERYONE!