Show ID to enter Pot Shop?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by fritz1255, Jan 6, 2022.

1. I visited a recreational marijuana shop in Maine a couple of months ago. To enter the shop, I had to show my drivers license and the person who admitted me wrote down my name and drivers license number. Is this some sort of legal requirement? Is there some sort of national database that this data is being entered into?

2. To doubt otherwise in this day and age is very naïve. :)

BNW

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. I agree with BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yep your on the list along with the rest of us :)
    It’s Nothing new really.
    Good times lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Feds prob gunna do a sweep n arrest everyone on that list

6. We still have to show a valid ID to get into any legal dispensary in California, but it is to mainly just to check the age of the client. No data is taken down for recreational users. Usually cannabis laws loosen up as time goes on.

California's medical users are in the dispensary's data base. The dispensary checks with the doctor's office the first time a patient comes in to make sure the recommendation is not a fake, so it takes about 15 minutes, but after that check in much like that for recreational users. Medical patients may chose to be in the state's MMJ data base, but most folks don't bother.

And don't worry about the government coming after you for smoking a joint or two in the evening! There simply aren't enough jails to hold all the cannabis users.

Granny :wave:

7. In MT the ID is required solely for the purpose of keeping track of your daily purchases. Rec clients are only allowed one ounce a day, five per month.
    This keeps them from being able to hit multiple dispensaries in a day and purchase pounds that can be taken out of state.

8. Lol like there would be any reason to do that...

9. Yeah, those out of staters come and stay for a week, see me every day, and then mysteriously disappear ;)

10. A black market dealer doesn't ask for a ID. So kids can get all they want. Better to make it legal nationwide.

11. Write down? They wrote down your information, like on paper or a computer? That sounds extremely suspicious! If they were scanning it with a special scanner attached to their computer, or just looking at the date then there would be zero flags but I smell something foul about that actively writing it down nonsense. Otherwise, it's normal if a business keeps people out until after you are I.D'd. A place near me use to do it for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. They can check your ID I have no problem with that. other than that it's none of their business what I do. Remember the Government works for you not the other way around.

13. It's a list of names that are going to hell for using the devils lettuce.

Nah but seriously of course the government has every stoners data already. :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sad but true.

• Agree Agree x 1