Should you try to move a seedling up if you buried it too deep?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Belfast, Aug 25, 2011.

1. I planted 3 seeds in sure to grow media, 2 of the seedlings have a little green leaf starting to poke out, while the third has a little green leaf yet to break the surface.

I can see the leaf, but it's not making very good progress.

Is it not adviseable to use a sterlized pair of tweezers to gently pull the seedling a little higher up in the media? I assume they are probably pretty easy to damage?

Thanks!

2. You are right, they are easy to damage. I have never used Sure To Grow media, but I would not touch it if I were you and just wait. It'll grow by itself and break the surface soon.

Btw, it would be easier to answer your question accurately if you posted a picture.

3. Certainly not. Don't risk damaging the babies at all. It'll poke out eventually.

4. Don't help it out. Let it do it's thing. Genetics will come into play. If its strong enough it will come up, if it's not it's not worth your time. And if you really want to help it don't pull it up, you will more than likely rip it out, very fragile. Dig out dirt from the base if you want it to be taller. But I wouldn't just let it be. Nature will take it's course

5. I've learned to never touch the roots of seedlings. In my test grow I touched a few troubled roots thinking I was helping them only to have them all die on me. So if it's not doing well then touching the fragile roots will only do more damage. Just wait and it'll sort itself out.

6. Sometimes it takes some sprouts longer than others. Give it some more time.

7. Thanks for the tips guys, appreciate it.

Heres a pic for a little reference.

[​IMG]

The big girl (hopefully) looks a little yellow :(

8. From what I can tell, the big one looks fine. I don't see any yellowing.

Some seeds take longer to sprout. I've planted the same seeds at the same depth using a measured pen-like tool to poke holes and the sprouts took different times to break soil.

9. Thanks for the typing Rose, this is my first time growing anything that isnt body hair, so any and all help is appreciated.

For instance here I am worried now about a spot on my one good seedling's leaf, is this indicative of some sort of problem with the water supply? Because it's just straight H2O right now.

[​IMG]