Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should you keep your grinders screen clean?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mattspyro, Feb 9, 2014.

1. My grinder screen is caked with very finely ground herb and kief. I normally grind up my herb and just dump out what falls and tap it once. I was thinking it's blocking all of the kief from falling through into the bottom container.

So do any of you keep your grinders screens relatively clear? Or just leave it until I have enough kief to harvest and smoke or make some oil via isopropyl alcohol.

Thanks!

2. It is definitely worth it to clean it out, you'll catch tons more kief.

3. Thanks it makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Brush it with a soft paintbrush and the. Look at all the kief that just fell

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I would use a razor blade to sift the kief through but once I owned my grinder for two years my screen was pretty caked like yours. I just poured 91% rubbing alcohol on it and it cleared it all out. the I rinsed with water and air dried it really well.

BasedgodDank

6. I always lightly scraped with a paperclip, but a toothbrush is a good idea. thanks.

7. I put a nickel in mine to bang around on the screen, but eventually it will need to iso.

8. Paint brush! They aren't as rough and won't push any unwanted plant matter through the screen

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I use a soft-bristled tooth brush and gently brush the screen every now and then. Keeps it raining kief :smoke: