Should you be allowed to tape cops?

Discussion in 'General' started by HeavyHands, Sep 28, 2010.

1. That video was a little nauseating, gah. My head's spinnin a bit.

2. He should sue the PD for putting him through all that bullshit. I would.

3. I can "knock people the fuck out", I won't without reason though. If someone comes at you with a gun offensively, wouldn't you try to hit them especially if you didn't do anything except go over the speed limit?

4. oh, sure you can knock anyone out - but you can't without legal repercussions. that's what i meant.

and depending on the situation, like if i saw blues beforehand, i would sure as fuck NOT swing at a guy holding a gun.

more brilliant thinking.... :rolleyes:

5. People should be allowed to record their LE encounters. In NY and many other states they have what's called single-party consent where only one person needs to know that they're being recorded for it to be legal. Sure, the driver was well within his rights to record what was going on and the confiscation was wrong.

However, the recording had some damning evidence. You can't see it via the embedded window, but playing it in 720p fullscreen showed the driver pulled up to 130 MPH on the highway weaving in and out of traffic. That goes beyond speeding to reckless endangerment in any jurisdiction and even a plainclothes officer would be well within their discretion to pull a weapon on someone going that fast.

6. BAM. Why would somebody (in a cops eyes) be going that fast? Maybe they have drugs or are on drugs

7. You guys should move to canada :D none of that shit up here.

8. Who are you, Emeril?:p

9. if its on public property you can film w/e the fuck you want.

im fairly sure

10. hell yah you should be allowed.

11. thats what the articles about police have been arresting people and charging them with illegal wire tapping when they film them.

12. They tape us on their dashboards, don't they?