Should you always use insectisides? (sp)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by akos789, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Hi, i'm currently growing 2 plants outdoors in Southern Oregon. I've been growing tomato plants out there for months and the only bugs i've ever seen on them were earwigs, gasshoppers and ladybugs is it necessarry for me to use insectisides?

2. No. Do you see any damage to them from bugs, or just trying to be proactive
    ?

3. I'm just wondering if someone with greater experience than I can shed light on wether it would be necessary for me to use the insectiscides i really have no idea and i dont want to sacrfice my plant to find out

4. From my experience I have never sprayed insecticides by definition. I understand your concern for your babies, but why spray questionable substances unless absolutely necesary. So I take from your response there is no leaf damage? Keep an eye on your plants, but don't get an itchy trigger finger.

Not sure what kind of grasshoppers you have in your area, but they should not be a problem as long as the plant is established, locusts would be a problem. The presence of ladybugs is a good thing as their pray is your enemy. Earwigs are creepy looking but that's about it.

Slugs are my main enemy. Best way of preventing them IMO is Sluggo a biodegradable product available in many stores. Google will bring it up.

That's my 2 cents
    Good luck.

5. Only use insecticides unless your plants are being damaged by insect pests. Then start with an organic insecticide - see my link below.