Should workers be fired for using marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by qosmioman, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Should i was browsing the internet and came across this story Crime Scene KC

How ridiculous is this story? Wallmarts stance and decision to fire the worker is shocking! He has a medical card which states he's legally allowed to smoke and has an inoperable brain tumour!!! Shocking, just plain shocking! :mad:

2. Old news, but still remains just as shocking. We've won many battles(States), but the real war(Federal law) wages on, and unfortunately, until Federal laws are changed, chances are Federal employment laws(and the companies that follow/abide by them) will not change. :mad:

3. No one should be fired because of what is in their bodies. Except a bomb.

4. Of course not but you know until the laws changed its gonna happen.

5. Its relatively new news to me, but appreciate this things been going on for a long while!
    I just can't get over the contradiction of the laws. Yes you can smoke but no you can't work if you smoke is effectively what they are saying! Crazy!

6. or pcp lol

7. Or an infection that turns people into zombies. :smoking:

8. Well, I don't know if I would go to that extreme to make that statement. For example, what about legal prostitutes in Nevada who contract a deadly STD? Or a surgeon/doctor/dentist who is carrying a deadly or incurable disease?

There are situations where termination of employment is probably justified, for the risks are too great to continue working.

9. Or an infection ^

10. alcoholics get fired daily...also, regardless of state laws, or federal laws for that matter, most employees are "at will" employees. meaning they can can your ass for pretty much anything with no legal recourse unless you were harassed or discriminated against and can prove it in court. it sad, especially in this case, but it's commonplace. even if it was legal, they could have still fired him for just about anything. being that he'd test positive for up to 30 days afterward, they cannot prove nor disprove he wasn't intoxicated on the job, which was probably the main reason for the firing....insurance.

i've been fired for being on myspace, but never for weed.

11. #11 cowboysaxman, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010

WTF, You really need to STOP posting this random BS in peoples posts.:mad:
    Stop being a jerk:rolleyes::smoking:
    Sorry OP for going off topic, but I've come across this jerks same post in other threads.

12. looks like his keys got logged, looks like a bot posting or some shit

13. A zombie infection that started with prostitutes?

It's an adbot guys, look at the rest of his posts. Just report and move on.

14. Is there any other way? :smoking:

I reported him before I read this lol.

15. Excuse my possible technical ignorance but what the hell is an adbot?

16. a bot that drops ads.....aka a spammer.

17. That is what i thought but i'm slightly out the loop of the ever changing technological developments! Thanks:confused:

18. This thread took all the wrong turns :smoking:

19. Back to the question at hand. If it's medical marijuana we're concerned about, that's like asking if workers should be fired for advil? Medicine is medicine is medicine.

20. advil isn't illegal anywhere. pot is illegal everywhere... even in mmj states. just ask mmj growers in CA. the feds don't give a fuck if you have card or not! neither does walmart. they could fire you for having a script of loritabs in your pocket if you have taken them during your shift. the only reason pot heads are fired is because of the way mj reacts with your body. most pills, and 90% of the other drugs are out of your system in 3 days or less making detection very very difficult unless you do something dumb and get hurt. i could be weed free for 3 weeks and still piss dirty (a fire-able offense). they took action before he became a liability. sadly, it's perfectly acceptable.