Should we get new lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TurtleTank, Aug 29, 2019.

1. I haven’t posted my update in my other thread yet but I will today. My partner ordered the two 45w full spectrum lights. Before we moved them to the tent we had 3 90w LED lights.

My questions are
    1. Should we go back to the old lights?
    2. Where can I find cheap lights?
    This is going to be the end of week 6 and I feel like it was time lost.
    New lights
    D59C71FF-90BD-45B0-AA3C-A436D23DD16D.jpeg
    Old lights
    CE31E9A8-BCB8-43D3-9011-AE41FB448EB4.jpeg

Please help!

2. Well you cut your wattage from 270 to 90.....so that's def a downgrade..........can you not have them all in there some way?? If not.....I personally would go back to the old lights...its more wattage.

3. Yeah when I get home today I am going to try to put them back in. Do you think it’d be ok to have both LED and full spectrum?

We were gonna start flower tomorrow but I think we should wait another week right??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Yeah, it's completely fine to have all of your lights in there at once....I am not sure what you mean about the "LED and full spectrum".......are your LED lights not full spectrum? I see they were 3 90w bulbs....it doesnt really matter....in this case.

so my opinion is to have all of your lights in there

And you want to put THOSE plants into flower?? You will be very disappointed I think if you did so.........you need to give them a few weeks to put some "weight on"

5. There so tiny to start flower imo. Though I use veg with 4ft t5 bulbs and flower with Hps still. Haven't bothered with LED at all, seems everytime i do there is a better led that comes out. Soon I'm going to be looking into just building my own led boards. Cant be any more work then rewiring a pinball machine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That’s all the space we are going to have if we veg for a little longer they’ll outgrow that tent during flower don’t you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. 500BBB08-EB08-418C-9116-C9124B4D5524.jpeg This is what I ended up with, personally I think this is better bc like you said there is 270 wattage compared to just 90.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You can build a diy led grow light for pretty cheap

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app