Should we celebrate Bin Laden's death?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Amanda Spelling, May 3, 2011.

1. I too believe it is immoral to celebrate someone's death, no matter how much damage they did when they were on earth. Osama Bin Laden did kill a lot of innocent people, but the American response to the tragedies that occurred on 9/11 was just as egregious. I don't think anything justifies killing as many civilians as we have in the Middle East. When so-called violent foreigners kill innocent Americans it is called terrorism, but when the United States government does it it is called an overseas contingency operation? That just doesn't sit right with me.

I think the time to celebrate is when we commit all the resources we are using in the Middle East to problems of actual pressing importance like the threat of climate change or the energy crisis. The War on Terror won't matter in the long run if the planet it's fought on is fucked up beyond all recognition.

Perhaps our money and resources should be committed to the issue of collective human survival (notice how I didn't say American or French or Pakistani or Bolivian, etc.) which is a more pressing matter than most people think. The petty differences that exist between humans should quickly take a back seat to figuring out how we are going to advance into the future and create a world that results in the greatest possible good for all of earth's people, regardless of such arbitrary categorizations as race or religion or gender or, in this case, nationality.

2. I don't have sympathy for soldiers. They know exactly what they're gettin into and that's helping the corrupt even more. Look at the government bribing citizens into war so they can go to college free or almost free. I would never join in to help the country ever!! I am not gonna put my life on the line for anyone let alone the corrupt ass American government.

They think its closure cause the government lied and blamed it on bin laden. Imho I think the government had everything to do with 9/11 but is covering it up. You ask why would our own country do that to ourselves, well look what 9/11's done. So much more security and a lot of laws changed. They can tap your phone without a warrant not since after 9/11 for terrorism. The list goes on and on. Long story short, 9/11 benefited the government in power and wealth. Not to mention taxes and gas shot up after. Fuck the corrupt ass government straight up. We need more people to see the truth instead of being lied to all day.

3. Why should Celebrate? I mean he was a jihadist, he did things in the name of religion. Right now he's having a fuckin ball with all his virgins!

4. I dont believe the American Gov. killed him when they said they did. Its funny how this is before elections too. Another 4 years for Obama?

5. That's a false number, look up some information on the wikileaks cables and you'll see that the US Government kept the number of Middle Eastern civilian casualties down.

My God. :mad:

6. It isn't for the ones who do research, like the many 9/11 victims' families who wanted a PROPER investigation of 9/11. But you don't know about them, because they're never put on the mainstream media.

Osama was never officially indicted for his actions in 9/11, and has always maintained innocence for it.

In America, isn't there such a thing as 'innocent until proven guilty'?

7. In America, isn't there such a thing as 'innocent until proven guilty'?

^ yes, applies to United States citizens.

Anyway, if anyone's experiencing an existential crisis over getting into the celebratory mood, or considering chastising those of us that already are.. try thinking of it this way.

When a surgeon removes a tumor, does anyone mourn for the tumor?

8. OP I am completely lost by your post. Of course I feel bad for people who die. But death is a part of life. And I'm sorry but if you honestly don't want to celebrate that bastards death...... I mean why should you feel weird about it? He's a fucking piece of shit terrorist who has been shot in the face, I wish his body was brought to America like a busy area like Times Square or something where fellow americans can just piss and shit all over his rotting corpse.

FUCK OSAMA

9. So what's your point then? Everyone outside of America doesn't get those rights because of their birthplace? 'Guilty until proven innocent' is it? Because that's what your text is strongly implying to me. If not innocent until guilty, then what?

Also, your analogy isn't even close to being correct. Osama Bin Laden was a human, despite what people may say.

A better analogy: If a murderer kills someone convicted of manslaughter, is the latter mourned? Answer: Yes, yes they are.

10. BULLSHIT. Al Quaeda is responsible for far more than 3000 deaths. Just because Americans think that 9/11 is the only terrorist tragedy ever, doesn't mean it is. Now, do I celebrate his death? No way. But to put Obama/Bush on an extremely simplistic scale in order to make them seem somehow worse than Osama is ludicrous. Though Bush may be far worse, for many other reasons.

11. Yes, those not born in the US, especially those we are at war with are not protected by the constitution. Now whether or not his death was a violation of international law is another matter.

You did not seriously just compare osama bin laden to someone convicted of manslaughter...Ok let's look at it this way then. Even if he was never indicted for 9/11, he was indicted for orchestrating the bombings of US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania which killed innocent US nationals and others. He freely admitted to this. Not to mention he led an organization which carried out bombings of civilian targets in multiple countries including the ones in London and Madrid which killed hundreds of civilians. The guy was a mass murderer who got what was coming to him. I'm not shooting off fireworks or throwing parties, but I'm happy the son of a bitch is dead.

12. No, but we should celebrate MY birthday today :hello:

Lol...no but this celebrating of his death pisses me off

13. The United States of America......Bush had dinner with Osama......sold him weapons.

Soooo I guess you could say we fund terrorism :hello:

14. #54 ThatFriendlyGuy, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thats fucking horrible. You cant even prove that he did shit. And if humanity has gone so far down to "piss and shit all over his rottig corpse" then i fucking feel bad for all of you. Im so glad i live up here in canada. Its people like you who make america seem like everyone there is so fucking stuck up. If i were to piss and shit all over a corpse that ive never met and only heard stuff about him on tv, i would have no dignity left.
    And im sure not all americans are like that because i have tons of friends who live all over america but seriously. Some are just disgusting.

15. We are the terrorists.

16. How can people be so stupid as to not realize this? Everyone celebrating out in the streets needs to pick up a book.

17. What's it like up in Canada? I'm sick of all the bullshit in America and am thinking of leaving in the near future...

Is your gov real corrupt? Are the people up there not as ignorant?

18. im happy that bin ladens dead i cant believe people are defending that scum bag and saying that bush and obama are worse them him..bin laden started the war not bush..osama killed 1000s of innocent civilians with terrorist attacks and even killed and tortured his own people..bin laden was a terrible person and got what he deserved. im not celebrating his death but im sure as hell not going to sit here and defend him. Americas goverment is corrupt, but so is every goverment u should love this country and goverment for giving u all the opportunitites and freedoms u have because the goverment could easily take control and give us no rights if they wanted to..that being said no i am not a bush or obama supporter i just cant believe some of the shit that comes out of peoples mouths..liberals are ruining this great country

19. Osama = Tumor

USA = Tumor

20. Our government has killed 1000's of innocent people too. And Bush started a war in Iraq for NO REASON. WMD's were a bs excuse, not to mention we bombed the shit out of innocent Iraqi homes.

The war in Iraq is our biggest concern, and it was started by Bush, Osama had nothing to do with it.