Should we celebrate Bin Laden's death?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Amanda Spelling, May 3, 2011.

1. What kind of person celebrates death? I understand that Osama was a scumbag, and I don't any sympathy for him, but I'm not cracking open a brew over his death.

2. I would celebrate if obama was murdered. No better then bush.

3. That's just wrong. That's really, really fucked up. :mad:

4. Hey man like another guys said. Obama killed thousands upon thousands of more people then osama. If anyone here is evil its the us government.

5. Very interesting opinions being said here. Personally, I think Osama has been dead for some time and the United States is only now using it to ensure Obama's re-election and as a reason to withdraw from Afghanistan. The fact that there are no photos and his body was very quickly disposed of I find suspicious.

I don't see how so many of you are surprised at some American's celebration of his death considering the propaganda fed to them, by media outlets such as FOX, for the past ten years. This is just my 2 cents, don't h8.

6. Yeah dude i read about the quick disposal. I thought it was odd that they did the dna testing in a couple of hours when it usually takes days. And were sopposed to give our opinions so dont worry bro we wont hate.

7. Hey that's a really good point, I didn't even think of that. It sounds like something a politician would do in this day and age, unfortunately. Well, it is something politicians do these days. Pretty sad.

And personally, I'm not surprised that people are celebrating. I didn't expect much less than what's happening. But that still doesn't make me happy about it.

8. I live in canada so we dont get that bombarded with propaganda about osama and shit. But seriously. When i saw that he was dead nothing changed. I was just kinda like meh. And i kept eating cereal or whatever the fuck i was eating. But seriously. Wheni see people celbrating that much. Im surprised. I honestly dont thin it affects them that much. The government just hypnotized them into thinking it completly affected them. So when i compare its wierd. Idunno those are my thoughts and opinions.

9. I agree that I think people are overreacting about terrorism in general, thinking that every plane is going to end in their death (scaring us about that so much that the airports have to add tons of - in my opinion - unnecessary security measures). The government needs to get people pumped up so that it can pass more laws and legislations "protecting" us when most of what they do goes back to corporate benefit and greed in some way or another.

I don't understand why you said you'd celebrate if our president was murdered, and how that ties in with what you said above (if it does). Care to elaborate?

10. Check this out:
    Casualties in Iraq - Antiwar.com

Deaths:

4452 in iraq, afghanistan is about 5000 ide say.

I like your stats that your high mind has made up, its pretty close though.

11. If you are patriotic, like your life in america, then you should be happy about it.

Its good for america this fucker is dead. And the world.

And closure for the people who lost there family on 9/11.

And fuck off if you think it didnt happen your a juvenile idiot.

12. #32 StoneBuddha, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011

I love freedom of expression in this country. But that cannot outweigh the disrespect I have gained for our government over the years. They screw us over so much and probably laugh at how ignorant most Americans remain.

I know people say "I love this country, but I hate the government" but IMO they are a package deal. So with that being said, how can I love my country, when my country doesn't love me?

13. Idk... I mean, I see the hype. I understand the "comradeship" aspect and the +rep-to-America angle of it all, but it really is a bit overdone. I think people want something to cheer and unite over, which isn't necessarily bad, but like you mentioned - it's over someone's death. "You can't justify one wrong with another" (And this does not mean I'd prefer him living, it's just the ideal. I'm not the one who had to pull the trigger so, it doesn't matter to me anyways.

This older dude at work, who used to be in the service, came in and did a rifle pointing gesture to my face. I cocked an eyebrow and he's like "Have you heard? We GOT HIM!" I look around this busy, super fancy steakhouse/winebar that is completely slammed. He starts getting loud "If I was there, I'd make all the men line up and kick him once in the face. . . then shoot that sunovabitch!" Our manager and head chef are looking around, faces turning red, trying to calm him down. People started looking over. Finally I was just like "Ok man, chill, I think your freaking people out." Dude is fucking weird.

14. My thoughts exactly, man. The only reason we even despise Osama so much is because he killed people we can relate to here on the Americas. Our government has killed thousands of innocent civilians in the middle east, with no conscious. I am on the side of Osama, personally. Our society is extremely corrupt and negligent, although I in no way condone the killing of innocence. :/ Dude, of Montreal. Freaking great band. <3 of Montreal <3

15. i though exactly the same thing. glad i'm not the only one who thinks this.

16. I think they are taking it a little to far all the celebrations but I am one of those "immoral" people who are happy ( I'm not celebrating though). The way I look at it is if that guy had the weapons he would completley blow up every American in this world, so damn right I'm happy he's gone. I do truly believe he is dead and I think within the next couple of weeks images will leak out and then there will be even more celebrations. But what I don't understand if people are so unhappy with america why do they choose to live here if they have then financial means then go were your more happy?

17. What gives anyone the right to wave a flag over there head and cheer over someones death, is that what America represents ?

that we can kill a man who appearently "WAS RESISTING BUT WAS UNARMED" how in the fuck does a man resist without a weapon and ends up being shot twice?

NO PICTURES, maybe because they shot him about 300 times for patriotism and claim it was twice, they could have even shit on his face for all we know.

Any person with any morals should see the truth here, another election next year and a massive way to draw positive attention to the obama cause.

i truley think he died years ago until i see a picture or video, and how can you be so happy about a man being shot in the head, it bugs me.

what if the police shot your mother, would you feel good if your neighboors cheered because they didn't like her ?

18. [​IMG]

PS. Guess who sold them those WMD's??

19. I don't celebrate his death out of vengance I don't celebrate it at all really, more just.... he won't be able to hurt us anymore.....

I actually half way feel bad for anyone who ever was born/lived in a third world country... If I had to live the way people in the middle east/ Africa had to live id look at America and hate us to out of jealousy, id want to see americans feel the pain I was feeling...

20. I have no idea, in all my history classes were to busy taking about what happened thousands of years ago instead of present stuff.