Should we be allowed to use torture?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Purp Skurp, Aug 12, 2012.

1. This.

2. in other words, according to you, even if we had no presence in the middle east we would still be attacked by terrorists just because we're american?

3. Actually that's true, because radical jihad fucks will always be around that hate everybody.

4. Possibly, if the worst factions of Islamofacism were to take over in that region of the world. Islam is not a picnic in the park.

It would be best of the whole non-Muslim world boycotted Middle Eastern oil, they'd either starve to death or get rid of the terrorists - but boycotts are against international law. Besides, nobody wants to do that, it would raise the price of the gasoline needed to run their precious cars and SUV's.

5. They even kill their own, on a regular basis.

The non-Muslim socities should just let them all kill each other off, and then take the oil.

6. Put my balls in a vice and I'll be telling you everything and shit you don't even want to know.

7. [quote name='"garrison68"']
    It is not necessarily true that a terrorist who is tortured will lie in this type of situation. There are experts who know how to handle these types. You can't take a chance in a situation where time is of the essence - every avenue to find out the bomb location must be investigated. And, if he lies, and the bomb goes off, it's better to have tried and failed than not done anything.[/quote]

I agree that in some cases it might work, but at what cost? What if they think they have the right person but in reality are torturing an innocent person? Also what about the constitutional right of not receiving cruel or unusual punishment? I don't think that we should ratify the constitution to take away our rights for the tiniest minority of terrorists. The patriot act rapes our privacy enough.

8. Yesssss x1000 maybe people will stop being idiots

9. Yeah. Violence isn't the answer to any of our problems. If our soldiers heads are being cut off then I'm going to be frank and say it's the governments fault (and ours) for getting those people into that situation to begin with. Don't get riled up when you hear that our soldiers are dying overseas, because we've already conducting the same acts against them ten-fold. Don't be fooled, it's all just a game of cycling death feeding on the fears of others. Here is a country crippled by laziness and fear. When we lose that job, what do we do? We follow the crumb trails back to the back of the government. And once we're adequately hooked up to their life machine they flash us images of the system that supports us being torn down by these "uncivilized murders"! across the globe. Fuck it. If you think violence is the answer then you're just apart of the problem.

10. THIS!!!! Any who has doubts about how evil our government is needs to read about project MK-ULTRA.

11. I voted no but not because i think torturing people is wrong or anything but because i don't think it would be applicable for use from the military as people have said it would be unreliable info.

12. I vote yes. If there's critical information an enemy is withholding, and it's of dire importance that we get that info, get it by whatever means necessary. So what if the first time he gives you faulty information? Check it out and if he lied, he pays for it. I doubt the whole timebomb scenario happens often enough for this to be a concern...

As for those who choose to take the high road saying find a better way, perhaps there isn't one. I'm sure they'd be using a better method by now if one existed. Be serious, you think any extremist will falter on their beliefs for some cake and ice cream? Kindness doesn't trump cruelty, and fear is one of the greatest motivators for any human being.

13. Honestly, I see both sides. So I won't vote. I am right on the fence with this issue. More like neutral I guess.

14. That's actually what I thought for some reason. Just eat a cake in front of them, whilst saying how good it is, and then say they can have some if they say where the bomb is, but they don't get any until the information is validated.

Seriously though, in my personal opinion, I'm going for no torture. If you give up your morals to stop them, they win. Also, any information they might give you under torture might not be the truth. All they have to do is tell you what you want to hear so that the torture stops. By the time you check your sources and find out he was lying, that bus full of kids has already been blown up, and further torture would be redundant.

15. No, under no circumstances would a honorable man torture. Kill perhaps when there is no other choice, but never torture, no matter what the provocation.

16. If anyone really doesn't think the US tortures people they are wrong. If you know anything about the CIA then you should know torture has been in the US's strategy for a while. It's not new news

17. I like the good cop bad cop routine better

18. Of course we shouldn't be allowed to use torture. It's an indisputable violation of human rights.

Do these prisoners you want to torture not have the right to remain silent?

Would you like the police to torture YOU if you tried to exercise your right to remain silent?

For all who voted Yes... Try not to think so closed-mindedly.

19. So we have to talk to them and be nice but it's ok for terrorists to cut off our soldiers and news reporters heads with machetes?

20. If by torture you mean water boarding then that's hardly torture