should this man be charged with child abuse?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by dealwithit, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Im not trolling at all. I believe that children nowadays get much less credit then they deserve. Children younger then her have worked heavy machinery, fought in wars, and led caravans across the desert.

Im not saying that I would do the same thing to my child ( Im not a parent yet so dont call DIFAS or anything ) but I feel that in those conditions it was safer then having the father drive by far. Even the man who called the police on them pointed out that she was driving fairly well. TBH I bet that she drives better then half the people on the roads legally, she has her full attention on the road im sure instead of on her coffee or cell phone or whatever.

Also, they were going to a cornerstore, its not like they were doing highway speeds. While it might not have been the best option, I stand by my opinion that this man should keep his child.

2. He should be charged with Felony child endangerment and have his daughter taken away
    at the very least. Personally I'd have no problem with him being sterilized so he could
    never endanger another child again.

I can't believe that there are some people who don't find this to be revolting. :(

3. #23 jmick, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
    We live in the country and both my sons could drive manual trans. by the age of 10. They both rode motorcycles before they drove cars and had an amazing knack for it. But I never let them drive me to town. I would add that I didn't let them drive around just for the hell of it, it was for safety reasons that I figured they should be able to operate our farm trucks and tractors...

4. Hey guys....she parked too.

5. You've got tone trolling if you can be calling this good parenting. IMO, he should get child and public endangerment. If you get so drunk you can't drive home with your 9 ear old daughter around and then you make her drive you home, youre fucking retarded and an awful parents. No matter how smart the daughter was, she fucking 9. She can't safely operate a car and she has no idea what she's doing.

6. [quote name='"Fëanor"']:rolleyes: Getting drunk and making your kid drive you on a dumbass 3 AM trip to the corner store has nothing to do with teaching your kid to drive.

He should be charged with child abuse. She could have easily injured or killed herself as well as other drivers. Do you really think a 9 year old understands how to yield the right of way to thru traffic? Do you think she has a good view all around her and in all her mirrors, while still reaching the pedals easily?[/quote]

Dude, abuse would be if he beat her, then physically forced her to drive. Child endangering maybe. But either a Drunk driver or a kid whk aplarently didnt do anything to get pulled over?

7. Having read a majority of the comments posted so far, I'm kinda in the middle.

Yes, he could have walked there with his daughter, and been completely safe. But what if she got tired or something and he had to carry her? Being drunk, he could possible drop her and cause incredible damage to her.

Atleast he wasn't driving though. Yea, she's nine. But look on the bright side, she'll be a better driver in the future having had practice at such a young age, instead of being 16 and like " I WANNA FUCKING DRIVE" And then crashing due to stupidity.

Theres also the consideration if she was offered to drive, or forced to drive.

IDK, I chose number three cause he clearly wasn't abusing her. But bad news could have definitely happened due to her driving.

8. #28 Crypto Tech, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
    Shit happens. He isn't a bad father by any means - There are far worse out there that would qualify for 'Bad' Fathers. At least he ain't in the shit for beating and/or raping her - That's bad.

Neg repping? Tbh, I think you should be neg repped for suggesting such a thing on the grounds of you not agreeing with him/her.

9. I think this goes under the philosophy of whether or not he should be charged with a crime only if something bad happens, or if he should be charged because he did endanger his kid. He was drunk and letting her drive a van, he couldn't truly be in control because if shit happened, he'd be drunk and that is a law that we adhere to in society.

10. There's certain times that it's "more dangerous" to be out driving.

I'm not thinking what if this girl hurts someone else on the road, I'm thinking what if someone else hurt the girl on the road.. Ya know? Does a kid have experience to note other drivers? As in be able to tell if another driver is drunk and stay away from that car?

How about the fact that she was in a booster seat?

It's without a doubt child endangerment. Also, adults can't drive without a license. Why on earth should a little 9 year old girl be aloud to without any form of punishment.

Yeah, he's not a child abuser.. but he's still pretty fucking dumb. IMO.

11. Lord have mercy...if that is how you feel, let's all hope that you always pull out and nut on her back...you definitely don't need to have kids...

guy should have the book thrown at him...and something tells me this isn't the first time something like this has happened, so if that is the case, he really deserves to get his shit pushed in for such reckless disregard for his child's welfare and the safety of those around them...