Should this be illegal?

Discussion in 'General' started by married2mj, Oct 31, 2011.

1. I went to the grocery store and saw some delicious looking "Butter chicken" in a box. On the front it shows a picture of delicious looking chicken in some delicious looking sauce. So i'm like "wow $5.50, that's worth it." I get two.

Then I get home and open it and all their is is the fucking sauce!!!! I look at the back of the box and in small letters it says something like "All you need is to buy chicken and butter separately...!!!" or something.

Now I feel pretty damn stupid for falling for this, but tell me, do you think they should require it to say something about it only being the sauce on the cover in big lettering or I deserve this for not reading the entire box?

You tricky marketing ploys, you! But you won't get me next time random ass food company I've never heard of :mad:

2. I'm guessing you don't grocery shop a lot.

3. You couldn't tell from the weight that there wasn't a chicken in there? I would think that would be the first thing to tip you off.

It's hard to make something like that illegal though because it's hard to draw the line between what is and isn't too misleading. No matter how obvious it is, some people will still fuck it up

4. hahaha, dude how would they have chicken in a box on a shelf??

you must've been high as shit...like "mmm that's some tasty looking chicken, better buy that box"

you can prob return it, btw

5. Chicken...in a box..

6. #7 JBright, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
    Pretty sure it says sauce somewhere haha it's called fine print haha it's how lawyers get away with shit.

Ps i am dieijg laughing

7. Butter chicken with no butter and no chicken...?

Yep that definitely needs to outlawed, life in prison too.

8. Was it even in a freezer or fridge lol. Shit would go bad quick.

9. lol nah I actually got chicken marsalla in a box on a shelf in the same section but the rice fucking sucked and it was the smallest portion ever.

10. or maybe that was from the freezer section durrrr i don't remember :smoke:

fuck w/e i got chicken too so i'm gonna make that butter chicken right now it better be the most banging sauce on the face of the earth

11. chicken is usually refrigerated dude

12. btw it's kinda heavy cuz it includes rice too and the rice is fucking heavy but ya i'm still an idiot

13. Becuase I got high, becuase I got high...

14. Bag they got those dry healthy steam dishes that oisnt refridgerated

15. are they also lacking an education system where you're from?

16. I work in a grocery store. People never fucking read. If the 12oz size is buy one get one free, don't expect the 36oz size is going to be buy one get one free too! (sorry for the work rant)

Just start reading boxes for everything. I just bought a printer and it didn't come with the fucking USB cable?!?!?!!? It said that shit in fine print on the box. Fuck HP

17. Don't worry though, he's "Bright"

I guess that's why they always say "serving suggestion". I always thought it was dumb how it's always written there. I guess it differentiates it from "exact package contents", or something.

And golly, you remind me of my parents, always buying the wrong type of shit. Always getting the low fat/salt/flavor variety or something.

18. [​IMG]

i'm sorry, i had to. this thread had me on the ground.