Should my plant be this small? And how much and often do I need to water?+ Any general auto tips.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hotdog telephone, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Right, so my seedling is a 14 day old auto sweet tooth from Barney's farm. The light I'm using is a mars hydro 300w equivalent led. My seedling seems to be slow but is just about going. I had water on the leaves by accident, which caused the first leaves to shrivel and start to die. Other than that I'm using biobizz grow nutrients at 1ml/L. Thanks for you consideration of my dumbass self.
    Peace☮️✌️

2. I forgot to add a picture IMG_20180128_190852.jpg

3. What soil? You prob shouldn't be giving nutirents this early especially with autos. They can be finnicky with nutes. What's your water pH? Distance from lights? Watering schedule?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Also temperatures and humidity?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Ph kit is coming in post tommorow.

Light distance is about 60cm.

Soil is generic compost (without added nutrients) with about 1/3 perlite.

Watering every few days (when soil looks and feels dry(that's what I was asking about!)

Humidity is 50%

Heat is around 25-30 celcius

I think that's about everything!

But is it about the right size?

6. Yes. I would not add nutrients for another week or so. Your plant looks bigger than both my autos right now on day 16. I'm not sure, but you might be over nuting. Are those leaves changing color or is that just the light playing tricks? I only water when my substrate is dry down to two centimeters or so. To put into perspective, I've only really watered my plants once in 16 days.

I think autos have their growth spurt later, so I wouldn't worry about that.

7. She looks good to me!
    Correct me if i am wrong but i think baby leaves (the first 2 leaves) are supposed to fall off and die at this point.
    New growth looks nice and healthy (your main indicator for plant's health).
    But i will totally agree with the rest about the nutrients, too early.

8. Thankyou so much!
    Biobizz feed is really weak and it is organic, so I have read somewhere that it is ok to feed seedlings? Don't know how accurate that is!
    I'm going to be following your thread for the next few months and hope we can share experiences.✌️

9. Actually, looking at your bottom leaves, it looks like you have a serious problem. You should not have leaves dying like that at this stage. I would say over nuting. Stop now! Your auto might not be able to recover.

• Like Like x 2
  10. What is wrong with my poor seedling?. I accidentally got water on the bottom leaves. So shit, my mistake.

Sent from my Moto C Plus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. My light was at around 30 cm a week ago when I had em in my warderobe when it happened. So I don't know but I hope it will be alright

12. Maybe even less distance tbh?

13. I'll just carry on without nutes and see how it goes. Hopefully it won't get too badly hurt.

14. Ouch! Light distance could end up being a problem, too. I had that issue with my first grow. However, the top is affected first. Watch your canopy carefully and move the light up to 60 cm. The worst thing about light burn is that you don't notice it until it's too late. My Super OG Kush Auto seedling did not even like my 300w LED at 60 cm above. I had to put it at about 65 cm. You can read about in my journal.

15. Bottom growth should definitely not be dying off. Could be too many nutes; I don't think lighting is the problem. If you want to make things simple, swamp your soil for fox farms ocean forest, and you'll have at least a few weeks of worry free growing (assuming everything other than nutes checks out). You won't need to add any nutrients to fox farm of for a few weeks into your grow. At least that's what I do and have had very good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Won't that damage my plant?

I have done some research and discovered it's a pH problem locking out the phosphorus. So I'll sort that out tommorow. It should hopefully be fine.

17. Guys, i think you are freaking out the guy for no reason. I might be wrong but couldn't it just be genetics?

Edit: I agree you should check the PH(and the runoff PH too) ASSAP. And reduce the frequency that you give nutes to every 3rd watering.

What soil are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Although I'm only on my second grow, and three plants, all the reading I've done says the OP has some issues with his grow. Low level dying leaves at 14 days? Really weird. On the top leaves, it looks like light burn starting. That, I know from experience. It should be good genetics considering the known source of the seed.

19. Wyvale(Galton garden centre now) general compost mixed with 1/3 perlite and about 1/16 organic soil improver(barely even enough to note)