Should My Plant Be Bigger?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mitchistoocool, May 5, 2014.

1. This one sprouted about a month ago. Looks healthy (sorry for bad pics) and all but just seems like there should be more growth at this time. This has all been done outdoors, which affects it some I believe. Only 2 sets of true leaves so far. Should this plant be bigger by now or is this normal? It is a Northern Lights auto and is about an inch and a half tall

Attached Files:

2. If it was indoors under a metal halide, it would be bigger... it is likely small because it's growing outdoors from seed. Is it getting lots of sun? Did you add any nutrients?

3. I wasnt aware that you could do a auto outside??????

4. yes of course you can.

5. should be bigger,,, but as long as its lookin healthy keep on keepin on it will grow..

6. I dont think its getting as much sun as it really needs. I think its getting just barely enough to get by. And no nutes yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Autos just got alot more interesting..... lol

8. You need to move it inside under a lamp

9. Ignore the people saying move it indoors,  pot grows better outdoors no matter what, auto or not.  Nothing beats the sun or co2 levels that outdoors can provide.

Although I am not familiar with autos, I feel your pot size looks to be on the bigger size for that size of a plant.  You shoulda started in a solo cup then once the roots met the edge of the cup a decent amount transplant into a 2-3 gallon for an auto(so i have heard)  But if your at roughly 30 days than your growth is way off.

Hope this helps.

10. With autos you want to start them off in the grow pot their going to be finishing out in if possible. Autos are more sensitive to stress and transplanting does cause stress to a plant.

11. Its awfully small for 1 month old. How many hours of direct sunlight is it getting, what kind of soil do you have it in and how often are you watering it oh and also what are your night time temps?

12. #13 RomanEmpire420, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    Don't listen to 'LetGo' he has a good point if you were growing a NON auto plant outdoors. AF plants grow by their age usually harvest within 3 months or less. They hate to be transplanted. Start your grow in the same pot you want your plant to end in. If this is one month of cultivating, then listen to every one else and bring that baby inside and invest in two desk lamps, a fan, and 2-pack of CFL 1800 Lumen light bulbs from Lowe's or Home Depot. Will cost around $30 for everything.

What type of soil are you using? Hope it's Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Organic at least..
    What are the Temperature and Humidity levels like in your area? Temp (70F-80F) rH should be (40%-80%)

Lumen Specs per Plant: Min: 3000 Optimum: 5000 Excellent:7000

13. You can also grow under a 24 hour light schedule for the entire grow with Autos. Don't worry about 12/12

14. Like I said, I honestly dont think im getting enough light. Its in natures care organic potting mix right now w dolomite added. Watering it aerated tap water. Night time temps are 60s

15. Dont have a place to grow inside :(

16. Well ive got more seeds and am gonna try out a few different locations where I SHOULD get more sun. So we will just see.

17. And will probably start giving 1/4 strength nutes soon

18. one of the main advantages of autos is they can be grown all year round as they flower when there ready rather than photoperiod.

So I have heard you normally want to start them in their finishing pot, but I have seen people on this site start them off in solos with success doing a quick transplant after the first 2-3 weeks.
    But again, I have never touched autos, not a fan.  Lower thc.