Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should marijuana be legalized?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Aaron03, May 9, 2011.

1. vote for Ron Paul in 2012 as prez, he says he plans to make drugs(including marijuana) to be legal. he already is at the top, leading with 58% of U.S's votes, support him!

2. #22 Superapearmy, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
    I don't think prison is right in all cases, in some cases maybe, but I don't think legalizing it would really help anyone out. I think that there would need to be a median, more of a "hey it's not legal,but if you're caught you are forced to get clean and be on probation" I'm not much of a debater, but I don't think the issue is just black and white either.

Salvia was the first non-medical legal (in my state) drug that came to mind. But, you could insert anything else. :)

3. I actually agree with that. :smoke: We just live in a society thats so black we wanna turn everything over to white. disregard the obviously intentional subtle racism. :rolleyes:

4. Are you a dealer?

5. of course it should be, but there has been far too mutch preaching and propraganda and efforts put against it for people to turn theyre views.
    one of the many flaws of humanity i guess, amplified by the media.
    plus if it was legalized i would hate to see the less thought of consiquences. people would be driving under the influence more and other substance abuse such, and large companies would take over with pot market, wed have nicotiene laced weed and who knows what else?
    released to everyone legaly would most likely give pot a worse rep, im just happy we have communities such as theese that embrace both mary jane, and good morals.
    i would rather it be less criminalized than legalized, if any of that makes sense.

6. /thread

7. #27 Superapearmy, May 9, 2011
    Who, me? Well anyways, no I'm not.

8. his statement about the median in the law and keeping it illegal was a retort for Meth, which was my example. I think the guy wants weed legal too. Unless he is a dealer.

9. yes becouse geting put on probation for one seed in the floor of your car is bull shit

10. Personally, my contacts are pretty good right now, and I don't mind buying off the black market since its the only way to get the green.

But going to the liquor commission with the huge amount of varieties of alcohol (Canada) available makes me wish that one day, I could walk into a weed dispensary with all the "name" strains like sour diesel, northern lights, etc. and walk out with a big bag of weed, with no bullshit and no black market.

I'd love if it was legalized, taxed, and sold, like at the liquor marts, except for weed. :)

11. I hope this is sarcasm. Obviously the schizophrenia thing isn't total garbage, but its only a factor if you have a predisposition to it. Most people only have a one percent chance.

12. We're on a weed forum...

People smoke weed...

People would like to smoke weed in peace....

1+1=?.....ummm....1+1=?/????/?/atvrns/end script (MS DOS ERROR)

13. legalize and chill. blunts all day

14. #34 Storm Crow, May 9, 2011
    A few reasons why cannabis should be legal-

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news - 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows[/FONT]

Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells (news - 2009)
    Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells - US News and World Report

Cannabis compound stops spread of breast cancer: researchers (news - 2007)
    Cannabis compound stops spread of breast cancer: researchers - Health - CBC News

Israeli Research Shows Cannabidiol May Slow Alzheimer's Disease (news -2008)
    Israeli Research Shows Cannabidiol May Slow Alzheimer's Disease - Inside Israel - Israel News - Israel National News

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA (news - 2008)
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Cannabidiol May be Effective in Preventing Bovine Spongiforme Enzephalopathy (Mad Cow Disease) (news - 2007)
    http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/articles/fr070916.htm

Marijuana compound could prevent eye damage in diabetics (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana compound could prevent eye damage in diabetics: The Hempire - [cannabis, hemp][/FONT]

Lab Notes: Pot Has Benefits for Diabetic Hearts (news - 2010)
    Medical News: Lab Notes: Pot Has Benefits for Diabetic Hearts - in Lab Notes, Lab Notes from MedPage Today

Cannabis May Halt Progression Of Multiple Sclerosis (news - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis May Halt Progression Of Multiple Sclerosis, Study Says - NORML[/FONT]

CN BC: Expert Testifies Cannabis Helps Slow Aging (news - 2008)
    CN BC: Expert Testifies Cannabis Helps Slow Aging

Smoked Cannabis Proven Effective In Treating Neuropathic Pain (news - 2007)
    [FONT=&quot] Smoked Cannabis Proven Effective In Treating Neuropathic Pain[/FONT]

For 100s of more reasons, click that first link in my sig! Cannabis does much more than "just" get you high! Educate yourself! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

15. bridges should be illegal, because people can jump off of them and die

just like they can do bad drugs

16. I'm in favor of legalization of all drugs, just for the freedom of the people and the possibility of regulation (i.e. separation of crime and casual drug use, prevention of accidental overdoses on unregulated substances, etc.), but I especially think that weed is in desperate need of legalization.

17. Marijuana should be legalized. I won't even get into the benefits of legalization, of which there are numerous. The fact is, that it is unconstitutional for the federal government to keep it illegal.

The 10th amendment to the constitution:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

In other words, "If the constitution doesn't give the federal government the right to make laws about something, then they can't make laws about it. It will be left to either the States or the voters to decide"

The constitution says nothing of marijuana, or drugs in general for that matter, and so the federal government is clearly in violation of the 10th amendment.

18. no definitely not I really do enjoy having to fucking hide my shit all the time and the dick ass cops that use any single fucking excuse to search for something that isn't even half as bad as alcohol, in fact something that is beneficial for some people. geez what a dumb question