should i worry about staking my branches up?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Averagejoetryntogro, Sep 15, 2017.

1. 20170914_193753.jpg 20170914_193657.jpg 20170914_193743.jpg Hey guys, I'm on week 6 of flowering for my critical plus 2.0 and I haven't noticed my branches sagging at all. Should I worry at all about staking them this late. I figure I have about a week and a half or so before it will be ready for harvest. Its not a very tall plant, and I always have a fan blowing on it.

2. If it aint broke,no need to fix it.

3. Hello. Nice plant, and name by the way lol.
    I wouldn't worry about any support if your branches are strong enough. But by the looks of your buds it seems like it could go quite a bit longer than a week and a half. All of your pistils look pure white yet. Your buds are big though and they will probably get a lot bigger if you wait. I'm thinking maybe up to a month. So you might want to support them I guess if you wait it out.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. up to you . i would put some poles into the soil . and let the branches rest onto them its fast easy. you will open the tent and say of shit . pinched branch bud on the floor . . it happens often . im stones as fuck ithere are typo sorry .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks for the replies, this is my first harvest so this is all new to me. I have noticed in the last couple days that pistils are starting to turn Amber in a couple areas here and there. Mostly on lower branches. I'm not sure how fast the rest will follow.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nobody could really say for sure. It varies with different strains and set ups. Scoping the trichomes are a pretty sure way to know when they're finishing up. You at least want them to be all cloudy and plastic looking instead of looking like clear glass. Maybe wait till you see a couple amber ones too. Some like to have a lot of amber ones. Depends on how you like to feel. Uplifting or tired.

7. You look to be more than a week and a half bro. I would say 3-4 weeks. Hard to say. Different strains will ripen at different rates.

Check out this thread. Its the best read on when to harvest

A guide on when to harvest.

The last few weeks are when the terpenoid profiles are on blast. If you harvest early you're going to be kicking yourself in the ass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Damn. That's kind of a bummer if it does take that much longer. I was starting to get excited about harvesting soon. According to Dinafem this strain usually has a 45-50 day flowering period. But it is what it is.

9. All the seed companies give a very early estimate. Its usually based on a sea of green set up under perfect conditions. Everyone I've talked to goes quite a bit longer than the breeders estimate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. #10 MajorToker, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    It's not a bummer. I know it's tempting but think. If you chop in a week and a half you could be cutting your yield as much as in half depending how fat she plumps. I wait until they shoot foxtails.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. The best easy visual indicator of a plant's maturity level is the color of the pistils and the amount of old ones compared to new ones.

Just glancing at your plant I don't see any orange or spent older pistils. When a plant is continuing to shoot out a majority of white pistils it will continue to grow larger. When the growth slows your new white pistils will almost stop on the main upper tops. They will be 75-80% orange like the post above.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 20170914_213346.jpg Its hard to tell in the pics but there is some amber in the mix. Here is a hopefully better picture.

13. Getting ready in a day or two..click and zoom to see trichs (and dog hair..LOL)
    I like about 20% or better amber myself (GDP)
    DSC_0377.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  14. Nice pic!

• Like Like x 1
  15. 45 days = 6.5 weeks... they're clowns for even saying that.

I certainly wouldn't be bummed out dude - you've done an excellent job - now is the time to be patient and allow the plants to
    Reach their full potential...

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I went to the grow store and picked up some bamboo sticks and a roll of garden soft tie. I figured better safe than sorry. Now it's just a waiting game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just a picture update to show the difference since last week. 20170920_191610.jpg 20170920_191640.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. I was able to snap a few pics of the trichomes using my LED loupe. Not much longer now. 20170928_191334-1.jpg 20170928_191338-1.jpg

19. #20 Buzzer777, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Nice..but try taking pics of the trichs on the BUDS not the sugar leaves..the trichs on sugar leaves will ripen faster than those on the buds..giving a false signal..you are not far away now..looking good!..

• Like Like x 1