Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I weight out this bag in front of him?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by soserious, Dec 6, 2012.

1. So my old high school dealer has been blowing up my phone with texts. Offering all kinds of deals on bud. I mostly ignore him because I have Better options. And he doesn't deliver.

But tonight he said he has 8ths for 20. I asked him about quality and he says it's good.

The only 8th I've ever bought from him was .3 short. Idk if he even owns a scale. But that sounds like a good ass deal. Should I weigh it in front of him? I'm not too good at eyeballing and I'm scared it might be short.

2. #3 soserious, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    That's kinda rude. When kids weight out in front of me I usually start taxing/ignoring them. But then again Ive never XXXXXXXXXXXX

Talk of dealing isnt permited.
    may want to read the rules
    _YODA

3. you should man don't be scared let him know who's boss. you are, cuz it's your money.

4. #5 ReeferMan2000, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    Are you talking about the buyer scaling out the bud in front of the dealer after purchasing it?

Anyways, I think it's fair if the buyer scales out the bud in front of the dealer to make sure the bag is the correct weight (3.5 since he's calling it an eighth). He shouldn't get upset unless he's shorting you, but 3.5 grams for $20 doesn't sound like it's going to be dank unless you have a bomb connect.

Anyways, good luck!

5. I'm thinking he probably has a lot of bud but no steady customers since he graduated. He's been offering halfs for 100 for a while so same thing reAlly.

6. I personally think that unless it's a rather big purchase, it's actually pretty poor etiquette...I mean obviously give it a once-over, but breaking out scales?

Not only is this like saying a person is untrustworthy in your opinion but it's also a bit foolish of the buyer IMO...Like, he's a high school dealer you say?

So what's his venue then?
    He's a guy that's being pretty careless sending a lot of dealing related texts, and you're thinking about bringing along some scales...so you weigh it up, and say it's all good, then say this guy and you get caught in the transaction.
    He's got the money, you've got the weed and a scale - who looks like the dealer?
    I don't think he'd be saying HE was.

Though generally, as I said unless it's a large purchase with a person you've not dealt with before - weighing up a pittance of weed right in front of them seems a little disrespectful.
    Think about it from the perspective of a guy selling that IS honest and ethical...he'd know he was in the right but would probably question why you don't think so.
    Them where does it end?
    People that think they'll get ripped off just once will likely think the same every time and want to make it the ongoing situation, which I doubt would cause anything but bad feelings...and it might just be seen as irritating enough to not want to do business with you.

Of course people will say "He should value your business and lick your dickhole because you buy weed from him".
    Yeah, we're talking about 8ths here...sorry but that doesn't earn anybody much control IMO, could be that it's a higher profit margin or something, but I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't really be missed.

Mutual respect, that's what I'm talking about.
    He shouldn't count your money in front of you, you shouldn't weigh your bud in front of him.
    Because, it implies distrust and disrespect.

My suggestion is, give it a visual once-over and feel it.
    Take it home. THEN scale it.
    Check that it's all good.
    If it's not, let him know you have calibrated scales and you checked things, things were short.
    Give them a chance to make it right.
    If they don't, don't do business with them.

Personally I think it's a great act of stupidity on anyones part to bring scales to a drug deal. These things should be done pre or post.

7. You could say your boy wants a bag and then when you weigh it just say no offence but it aint for me, so doing this i know my boy cant phone me back which would lead to me having to phone you back.

8. Lol the dealer shouldn't count the money? That's the first thing you do no matter what you're selling, legally or illegally.

9. Well if the 8th is only gonna cost you 20, who cares if it's .3 short?

10. Thats a very good point, he will count his cash infront of you so why not count your grams. :p

11. #12 RandomThoughts, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012

He will?
    Mine won't.
    We've cultivated a positive relationship that started small, stayed honest, got better and larger as required...nobody has ever counted anything in front of anyone, nobody ever will.
    Then, we are both adults - I think that changes things a little bit, when both parties realise they're actually of ongoing benefit to each other.

If you say so.
    Dealers aren't retail stores though are they?
    I believe it would cause bad feelings.
    If you're talking about *actual* deals and not this...hm...?tiny? shit that couldn't possibly really effect anyone for the worse in a life changing way aside from teaching them who NOT to deal with in future, then yeah I don't believe money should be counted or bud should be weighed in this kind of exchange.

The more time spend counting and weighing things, the more timely and conspicuous and more risk involved.
    Just do the deal and bounce.
    At least then if a party IS getting ripped, it'll be a few bucks/grams lost rather than a potentially volatile situation...and if nobody is getting ripped, both parties involved can say later on "Good, and everythings cool, yep, I'll be happy to do more business with them in future"

I maintain, anyone that brings scales to a minor deal is only increasing their own risk factor significantly, it's foolish.

Of course if you're talking about an actually large purchase, well a private venue should be available and yes then I'd say it's not only alright but expected to weigh things and count things, when there's more at risk than a pittance.

12. It isn't disrespectful or anything to count the cash. It's just common sense. I mean, if you're selling a quarter it's as simple as glancing at like the two bills you get as you're putting it away.

13. Depends how you do things, covertly or not I suppose.
    I'm not all into handshake pass-offs, I think they look more suspicious than anything.
    My bills are kept in envelopes and handed over like a normal item.
    If one of these were opened to check things, yes I'd consider it in poor taste and a bit insulting.

Though yeah IMO if we're talking about something so small, I don't know to me it just seems a bit petty.
    I know everyone's gotta look out for their own, but, sometimes it's better to identify there's a problem at a slight cost, before trust is established.

14. I actually don't do handshake pass-offs or anything lol. My main dealer is a personal friend from high school and I just go to his house, sit on his sofa, then he starts putting weed on the scale until it adds up to however much I'm buying. Then I give him the money and we smoke a few bowls and hangout :D

But if you give them in an envelope then I totally see where you are coming from

15. 8ths for 20? hell ye. But dont bring the scale, i dont know this guy but i dont think he's gonna rip you off and then cut the contact with you just because of that small amount of money. Get the bag, go home, weight it, if its too light just call him and tell him. Bringing out the scale when dealing is disrespectful unless it's the dealer doing it. I would get pissed as a dealer if someone did that to me.

16. Ah, then that's a bit different.
    Ideal situation when you can do things indoors.

17. [quote name='RandomThoughts']He will?
    Mine won't.
    We've cultivated a positive relationship that started small, stayed honest, got better and larger as required...nobody has ever counted anything in front of anyone, nobody ever will.
    Then, we are both adults - I think that changes things a little bit, when both parties realise they're actually of ongoing benefit to each other.

I personally have that same relationship, and if im honest, i never weigh little amounts. I dont think that op has that relationship so in this case i would do as i said in my first post. But yeah i get ya bro.

18. Yes you dont want to be ripped off. If its short tell him. If he wont give you the reminder of what wasn't in there just throw it in his face and walk away

19. Dude, it's $20. It's not really worth breaking the scale out for such a small amount. Maybe a quarter, but $20 worth...