Should I watch Pink Floyd’s ‘The Wall’ and get stoned?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Smokesignals420, May 23, 2020.

1. I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some say smoking opens up a new perspective within the film and others say it just freaks them out.

Anyone here who’s actually seen this legendary movie and would like to chime in?

2. I loved the album. Great songs, great playing
    Then I saw the movie. It kinda spoiled my personal view of the LP.
    I may be in the minority here, but I found the movie quite disturbing. Stoned or not.
    I’m a big Floyd fan, but The Wall is down on my list because of the movie.

3. Good to know, I’ll stop watching if it’s no good.

4. Never seen it stoned....but its def a good movie as is,so stoned gotta be better...

One thing I always loved was being SUPER baked and seeing either a scary,intense or weird ass movie for the first time and just trippin out over everything...

Shit I miss being super baked like that and just having weird shit happen in real life lol.

5. Based off the lead singer life good watch and I still listen to the album from time to time. psychedelics are better in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  6. Was never a floyd fan. Ive taken unmentionable funghus and listened to aar of the worlds in the dark though.
    Thats pretty fucked up lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 old shol4evr, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    delete

8. #8 old shol4evr, May 23, 2020
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you've never seen it...well, my recommendation would be, wait until it comes to a rep or revival theater and go see it on the big screen first. If you can't, then go ahead and get stoned, it won't hurt.

I have it on DVD, have been watching it since I was a lad, since I remember 1982. I even have the out of print movie book which was one of my first ever purchases on eBay back in 1998 (I had been scouring used book stores for it since 1982).

Here's the thing about the Wall. It resonates with you at a certain age. As you get older and older it doesn't resonate as much. It actually alienates a bit. After 40 you can barely see yourself in the main character anymore. At that point it's just a sonic exercise in masturbation to be honest. There's some great music, and it's still a great album, but the older I get the less it means to me.

And I WORE OUT my vinyl copy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Is LSD a banned subject here? I left a comment earlier stating that I saw and loved this movies while tripping balls and it’s gone. Did I get censored???

11. #11 old shol4evr, May 23, 2020
    delete