Should I watch Interstellar while high?

Discussion in 'General' started by Abe421, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Hey everyone, so I've been wanting to watch the movie Interstellar for a while now. Haven't got the time lately, but I plan on watching it soon.

Anyways, my question for all those who have watched this movie, or anyone, should I watch Interstellar while high? I'm into movies like this, like Prometheus for example.
    I'm hoping for a mind blowing experience while high. Do you guys think that's a good idea? Also Sativa or Indica?

The only thing I'm worried about is that I will be too high to understand what's going going on, like Towlie, haha.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I think you wouldn't understand what's going honestly. Also, it's too long, you'd have to smoke like 3-4 times while you watch if you wanted to be high for the whole thing.

3. I couldn't even understand it sober man

[​IMG]

4. Is the movie any good? I heard that it had a horrible story and just good physics from my physics professor.

5. I watched it while high. It was pretty amazing and the way the time changes happened was crazy. I enjoyed it. It is like 3 hours long though and a bit sad at times.

6. Have you ever seen scent of a woman?.............................   Have you ever seen scent of a woman..... on WEEEEEED?

7. #7 HiddenReality, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
     I've been planning on doing this tomorrow since last week. Tomorrow's payday. I just got a dime bag. Smoking up before the 6 o'clock show tomorrow evening. I'll report back lol

8. Honestly I thought it looked really cool but alot of the science was off(if you care about that) and there were some plot holes but it would definitely be better high imo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Maybe, I don't know.

Try Gravity 3D stoned though it's so intense

10. Aright, so I'm gonna watch the movie later today. I'm gonna smoke a few bowls before I go in. If I don't understand anything, I'll search it up after. And after reading some replies and searching it up, I found that the movie was about 3 hours long. Now only if they had an interval break in the middle, haha. I have a relatively low tolerance, so hopefully I'll get through a good chunk of it. If not, then oh well, at least I'll experience the movie high and sober, haha.

I'll be getting back to all of you hopefully by tonight to let you all know how it goes.

And I haven't watched the Scent of a Woman, but after I checked it out, it deff seems like a movie worth watching. Thanks for letting me know.

11. High or sober,I don't really care.I still want to watch it.

12. #12 SlightlyStonedSD, Dec 5, 2014
    just zip up your hoodie and blow the smoke in there no one will know brah.. 
    [​IMG]

13. #13 Abe421, Dec 5, 2014
    Oh, and I've watched Gravity before, but it's too boring. But that 3D sounds nice. I might rewatch it though.

Who knows, if the theaters empty, I might just do that, haha.

14. Most of the science was done pretty well i thought. What kind of plotholes? What I didn't understand from the movie is how did Coop end up in Murph's room in that 5th dimension? Of all the places in the universe he'd been and he just fell through some spacey shit, why end up there? How? But that ending sure was a mindfuck, what a cool concept. I did like it but i thought it was unnecessarily long. dialogue was cheesy and predictable most of the time. i was a bit disappointed we didn't get to see anymore interesting earths.

15. Not seen it but it's a sci fi, so obviously the answer is yes.

16. A lot of? Most of the science in the movie seemed accurate to me up until the ending with the spinning space station. What was off? It's not like they went in depth with the size and speed of the orbiting planets. 

17. In the movie they mention that before you die you see your loved ones so I figured he ended up there because in a way he died.

18. #18 apsi, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    Well the whole dusty earth premise was just unrealistic, and there are many more realistic reasons why we would need to leave earth. As far as the whole wormhole travel thing goes it was pretty accurate and I loved the analogy the dude used to explain it. I would have to rewatch it to go more in depth but I remember when I saw it some of the science was unnecessarily wrong and it bugged me a bit. And I really didnt like anne hathaways "theory" about love that she just threw out there without any real evidence to back it up. Cheesy scifi lines like "we were born on earth, but never meant to die here" just seemed out of place in a movie like this.

As far as plot holes, the last 40 minutes of the movie was a huge plot hole. He falls into a black hole and ends up in a tesseract created by 5th dimensional versions of themselves that was compressed to 3 dimensions? And he somehow figures out all this? Killed the movie for me, but I enjoyed the visuals.

19. #19 apsi, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    Also Im on mobile and dont know how to do a spoiler warning

Edit: nvm

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. May I suggest the concept of carelessness from specifically describing scenes of a film OP hasn't seen and is in fact seeking a way to enjoy said film as much as possible preferably with intended suspense.