Should I un-tie down in the flowering stage?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Criminet, Jan 16, 2021.

?

Leave tied or untie?

1. Leave tied.

83.3%
  2. Untie.

16.7%
  1. Should I un-tie down my plants in the flowering stage? My bro says I should as it would create more length and thickness, but it surely allows sunlight to access more of the plant tied down as it is.

We are currently right in the middle of summer here, although it has been a cooler summer so far, and I expect it will be hotter in the end of summer and beginning of autumn. Because of the colder start to summer, the plants (clones) were not planted outside until very late spring so the vegetive stage was cut short. I kept the plant very low for the sake of neighbors and guests. There are 2 plants no higher than 45cm. They take up a combined area of 170cm x 90cm as per the attached photo.

Also, should I remove some, most, or all of the leaves still shading the pretty flowers?

Thanks kindly for any and all advice.

weed.jpg

2. #2 Criminet, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021

3. Leave them tied. If you untie them they'll spring back up over time and bunch up in the middle.

Outdoors I only trim off the lower stuff that won't grow into anything meaningful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hell with the stuff I've grown outdoor, I've had to anchor them up by the time they were done flowering, they were ready to fall or break over in the wind. More bracing the better with outdoors, especially if it's a rough climate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1