Should i try and publish a book?

Discussion in 'General' started by thedeadwalkk, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Recently I had to write a semi long story for my english class. Ended up getting 99%(too many spelling errors :( ) And abounch of kids i go to school with came up to me and told me that my story was "proffesionally written". I even had two of my close friends tell me that i should try and publish it. Funny thing is, i wrote this story high as fuck:smoke: Anyways, i dont know if i should try and publish it. Anyone here have any experience with stuff like this? i would like to ask a few questions

2. Let us read it :smoke::smoke:

3. I would, but if i decide to go through with this i dont want copies floating around on the internet and people's hard drives

4. Give us a taste. I doubt it's that good, but I have an open mind. How about a summary?

5. Get an agent

odds are a publisher wont read (let alone publish) everything that he gets sent to him, an agent knows how to get it done

6. ^^^^^^ This. You need an agent to get your shit published.

7. how do you get an agent?

Summary: Post-Apocolyptic(nuclear war) story about a late 20 year old and his journey

8. what puts it apart from other such stories?

9. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

10. I don't really know. When I was writing it, I didn't expect it to be good at all. So when people said this it really surprised me.

11. I suggest you make yourself comfortable with the notion of having it rejected, and then find a serious agent and get ready to hear an honest criticism. If you cannot be convinced by the criticism, repeat the process until you are (or until it is published of course). You might think about the answer to that question, though. You might have to answer it before anyone will even give you the time of day.