Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I try a baking soda sploof

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by King Rat, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Well, I am back at school, and I just picked up a quarter of some amazing herb. I am trying to be as discreet as possible about my smoke in my new apartment, so I am thinking about making a sploof. This is my plan:

1. get a empty paper towel roll, or something similar.
    2. Fill it with baking soda
    3. seal off both ends of the roll with cheese cloth or something like that.

Has anyone tried this before? I know baking soda can be used a deodorizer, so I thought this could work really, really well. I will update this thread in a few days when I actually have made it and tried it out, and let you know how it works.

2. dryer sheets instead of baking soda

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dryer sheets definitely, and if you think it still smells take a handful of baby powder and throw it in the air, all the smell will be gone just about instantly, i used to do this all the time in my basement it worked like a charm.

4. I was thinking baking soda might work even better than dryer sheets, as it is often used as a household deodorizer.

5. meh, i feel like that would be messy, and the smoke might not pass through correctly. with the dryer sheets smoke is forced through the pores of it.

6. There could be a possibility of the smoke not even passing through, because there wouldn't be any space in the sploof, just solid baking soda

• Agree Agree x 1

7. I would make sure it wasn't messy, but I was thinking the same thing about smoke not going into it. hmmmm, I still want to try it.

8. #8 Jamaican Hotbox, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm gonna try that! Never even thought about doing anything like that. Thanks for the tip bro!

9. i know people who would take tinfoil and a joint. and cut a hole in the middle of the tinfoil and put the joint through it and cover it with a water bottle. so all the smoke would stay in the bottle. then exhale through a sploof. get ozium. works like a charm. and smells like lemon. make sure to spray it and leave the room for a minute though, i think the stuff in ozium isnt good to inhale.

10. no problem, that got me through smoking in my house when i used to live with the rents

11. Don't really need a sploof in an apartment, just open the window, damp towel under the door, and try to blow it in the direction of the window. If no one is coming into your room, no one will smell it.

12. how about an even better idea, coat the dryer sheets in baking soda. that way smoke goes through evenly and still has the effect of the baking soda.

/thread

13. #13 MrThoughtCrime, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
    Get a plastic bottle- empty, rinse, and dry it out. Fill the bottle 1/2 full of dryer sheets, poke holes in the bottom of the bottle with a knife or screw driver. Blow your hits through it, and preferably out a window if you're worried about smell.

That is the most efficient way to get rid or mask smell, besides getting an air purifier with a carbon filter.

14. #14 roller02, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This ^

15. #15 Korpins, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2011
    How bout baking soda coated dryer sheets?

Already beat -.-

16. The best way is to get a small tube and put activated carbon in it. Growers use it to mask the smell of their grow and I use a carbon sploof my self, it honestly smells like nothing it just removes the smell. Look up the smoke buddy if you wanna see one because it's filled with activated carbon and works great.

17. If you can afford a rent you can afford a smokebuddy, only $20

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1

18. i got one of them at spencer gifts yesterday, it actually works its nice as shit.

19. The baking soda would eventually seep out and spill causing a big mess, my friend tried this method. Dryer sheet were just as good.

20. you might end up with lips like these
    [​IMG]

idk man it sounds good in theory, but the baking soda is going to blow around...if anything buy some activated carbon at a pet shop if you really want to use something besides dryer sheets