Should I Trust What Dutchmaster Says??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mikkos, Jun 29, 2014.

1. I was talking with someone from Dutchmaster nutrients the other day about there products that I have. I asked them if I should give 1/3 of the recommended dosage that they give on there nutrient calculator. They told me that people do that with other brands, but with there stuff, the dosage is correct.

Should I follow that or still give 1/3 of the recommended dosage like everyone says to?

2. Start light and gradually work your way up or down depending on how your plants react. 

3. ps. they want you to use and buy as much nutrients as possible.  Good for business lol 

Lol that's exactly what I was thinking. But at the same time I was thinking they wouldn't want to piss of customers by giving wrong information and nute burning my plants. I've only grown once before a long time ago and I just don't want to give too little and have it have adverse effects on my plants. I guess burning them would be worse though.....

I could totally see the side of not wanting to piss off the customer…  But lord knows they would blame it on something else lol Everyone that I have ever known to grow gradually works their way into full dosage.  Good like bro!  :bongin:

For sure. Thanks for the response boss. One more thing, since I seem to find hella different answers on this. When did you start giving your plants the nutes? I'm doing DWC hydroponics and my seedlings are about 4 days old; maybe like 2 inches tall. Is there a certain point where you starting giving them nutes or just wait for signs?

7. I have always used soil in the past for that real good taste and smell.  I don't give any nutes for the first month because there are already small amounts of nutrients built into my organic soil.  I have always heard not to give nutrients to seedlings and I abide by that theory.  I don't know if it would be different for hydroponics?  If it was me I would focus on a good PH level in the beginning and then start to experiment with the gradual introduction of nutrients     :gc_rocks: