Should I trim?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by iDoPot, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Hi everyone.

Got this white widow in veg , looking healthy overall.
    Just got done curing a little magnesium deficiency so some of the leaves are still yellowish but she's heading in the right direction.

QUESTION.

This is my first grow. Should I trim my plant? There is some small underdeveloped growth near the bottom between nodes and some large leave shading inner nodes. I don't know If I should let them be or shape the plant up a bit.

Been considering using twist ties and LST but I am unsure.

Help a newb grow this white widow RIGHT.

2. atta boy-another reason to post in this forum is your thread will get looked at more than in advanced. but you have my .02 here

3. [quote name="dishphead" post="19116344" timestamp="1386390024"]atta boy-another reason to post in this forum is your thread will get looked at more than in advanced. but you have my .02 here[/quote]Thanks for the suggestion 👍

4. She looks cute. Leave her is my 2 cents

5. I certainly wouldn't start cutting that plant up with scissors if that's what you're getting at...

J

6. And the decision ........ Leave her be!

7. Bend her over and tie her down or even put a piece of tape. Itll grow more bushy. Sent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Don't trim during veg. I would recommend some LST on her.

9. I make a living working with plants like this. If you want to hear my advice - at this stage you need to top it or FIM it. It will give her an opportunity to develope bottom part and an attempt to grow a second cola. Do it rit and you may have three colas on that girl.
    Then, right before you switch to 12/12 you cut all the branches 10 inches from the bottom (depending on her total height)
    This is proven method that I been using grow after grow and that produces the results.

10. [quote name="AloeRuss" post="19117820" timestamp="1386422303"]I make a living working with plants like this. If you want to hear my advice - at this stage you need to top it or FIM it. It will give her an opportunity to develope bottom part and an attempt to grow a second cola. Do it rit and you may have three colas on that girl. Then, right before you switch to 12/12 you cut all the branches 10 inches from the bottom (depending on her total height)This is proven method that I been using grow after grow and that produces the results.[/quote]I have thought about FIM but I'm scared because it's my first grow. If she's showing minor signs of deficiency, should I still FIM? And what does cutting the lower branches do?

11. #14 iDoPot, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    And if I decide to FIM or too, should I still tie her down?

12. [quote name="iDoPot" post="19118877" timestamp="1386439338"]I have thought about FIM but I'm scared because it's my first grow. If she's showing minor signs of deficiency, should I still FIM? And what does cutting the lower branches do?[/quote]Would this be lollipopping?

13. Fiming is not hard to do. Everyone will become scientific but it's a FIM, remember. Just cut a quarter of an inch from the very top.
    No tie down needed right now.
    But.. Figure out deficiency first. She will be stressed after FIM and won't be growing upwards for about 2 days but that's alright.
    Cutting of the bottom brunches does a wonderful thing of selecting where you want your plants energy to go.
    No matter how many times you grew, you never see anything significant other then a popcorn down there, but the amount of energy it takes it can grow another cola at the top, so you take away your plants ability to waist it's energy on something you're never gonna use and revert it where it's needed most. At the top. Now, what can you do with those seemingly useless brunches that you cut from the bottom?
    Can you guess?

14. [quote name="AloeRuss" post="19119795" timestamp="1386449674"]Fiming is not hard to do. Everyone will become scientific but it's a FIM, remember. Just cut a quarter of an inch from the very top. No tie down needed right now. But.. Figure out deficiency first. She will be stressed after FIM and won't be growing upwards for about 2 days but that's alright. Cutting of the bottom brunches does a wonderful thing of selecting where you want your plants energy to go. No matter how many times you grew, you never see anything significant other then a popcorn down there, but the amount of energy it takes it can grow another cola at the top, so you take away your plants ability to waist it's energy on something you're never gonna use and revert it where it's needed most. At the top. Now, what can you do with those seemingly useless brunches that you cut from the bottom?Can you guess?[/quote]Hash oil?! But thanks for the info. Lots of scattered info out there always good to hear from someone who can attest to it.

15. No, no dear :)
    The bottom make the best clones you can get. The root well

16. Aghh should have known! Haven't researched cloning too much.I've been focusing on the basics for now. Gotta crawl before you can walk on your own! Once I'm comfortable with my first grow, then I can look into cloning:) Thanks again.