Should I trim this plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 42degrees, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Hi,

I'm trying DWC for the first time, and I initially started by building one bucket, throwing a clone in there, and seeing what happened. Meanwhile, I had other clones in rockwool under a light. The bucket plant took off, and before I knew it, I was building eight more buckets. It had been a couple weeks before the rest of the clones went into buckets, so I now have 8 plants around the same size, and one giant plant.

I am wondering if you think I should trim any lower growth on this plant. I have been using a small cabinet in the past, and now I have plenty of room. In the cab, 3 plants were squished tight, and without trimming the lower branches, I would get stuck with tons of popcorn nugs on this lower growth.

Now that I have more room, should I be better off? Should I still trim lower growth to promote big colas?

What about the other girls? Should I trim any lower growth off them?

I have them under a 600HPS and a 400W HPS. Temps and airflow are right where I want them.

THANKS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. did you top your plants? i haven't tried it yet, but i want to attempt cloning and can't do it if my lady doesn't have any decent branches to cut :(

3. I have not topped them, and have not in the past. Some of these are blueberry (including the big one), and I've heard they respond well to topping. I am new to it, and am hesitant since these are "bushier" than most plants I've seen topped. Do I just try and top the top-most spot or what?

I'm taking cones tonight or tomorrow, then switching to 12/12. Trying to figure out if I need to do additional trimming after taking some clones.

Thanks!

4. no fair! all my plants just grow straight up with no secondary branching! i'm only on my third grow, and its bagweed, soooo :D