Should i top?? **pics**

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mrlyjammn420, Nov 10, 2008.

1. So this little girl is only 3 weeks 4 days old under 156w of 6500k and 68w of 2700k CFLS I was wondering if i should top her this is my first grow so cut me some slack:p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Also do you think she looks healthy and is at the right size and everything for her age?

3. Also do as anyone think i could clone this plant yet??????

4. sure looks healthy to me..... no deficiency's as far i can tell...also you can tell that a plant is generally healthy by it not having any bugs or fungi..dont get me wrong any PLANT can get bugs or fungi but...sick plants are more susceptible to each....Not to mention she is green as hell:D nice job...as for cloning... my friend waits 1 1/2 months....nice job keep it up

5. well by the looks of her she is a Indica =short and bushy.....and they dont get to large.....3- 4 feet max...looken great though:D

6. as for topping it if you really want to yea you can. i usually dont. it looks really healthy. it looks like it was leaning a bit though. try turning the plant every couple days and put a fan blowing right over it. it should help straighten it out. but looks nice.

7. look at that stem, its massive for being 3 weeks old.

8. thanks for everyones comments but i was wondering if i was able to clone. I got a brilliant idea for clone raising and i am just dying to get some off her. Also i am not exactly sure its a her but i am crossing my fingers. :wave:

9. Haha yeah i thought it was quite thick thanks i like knowing something is doing well my plant. And guys dont let me fool you i just recently cut off some nasty looking leaves. Alot of yellowing and browning on the bottom big original fan leaves. Seems to be creeping its way up too but i hopefully took care of the problem today.

10. And you could take clones from the bottom nodes. they look like they are mature enough... but keep it going... that strain you have is gunna stay short bushy and its gunna give u alot of good bud... flower it when its about 2' tall man and youll get ALOT

11. I would top because odds are you wont get maximum genetic output without doing it. Also I'd wait a week or so before cloning. It looks like you got a lil light leaning going on. Try moving the light directly over head to prevent that.

12. Do you just have the one plant? Did you grow from seed? Are you sure it's a girl? It would be a shame to clone a bunch of males, that wouldn't give me that "warm fuzzy feeling" you know? If you're sure it's a girl, by all means go ahead @ clone it. Make sure you've got enough light to support what you cut! Best Of Luck - Looks good so far, especially since it's your first, you should have seen mine! ... :wave:

13. Guys i am not sure if its a girl but i am hoping. I was thinking i was going to flower it in a few day so it would be 4 weeks of veg. I dont want to take alot of time and turn out its a male. I was going to flower for probably 8 weeks. What you guys think?

14. Count on it at least doubling in size after you flower, Usually go 4-5 weeks as anything more than 4' isn't going to get adequate light at the bottom. After you switch to 12/12 you should be able to tell within a few days what sex it is... search the forums for pics if you're not sure what to look for. You should typically count on half your plants turning male so I would start with at least 3...

15. you dont need to top, i would just start training

16. I have probably 3 1/2 feet of room above the top of the plant so i dont think i am gonna train it. I did add a string holding it straight up because of the bad bend caused by the light. but other than that i aint gonna train it or would you all highly recommend it?

17. Is it normal to have to cut off the original fan leaves most of the time? For some reason those are the leaves that will brown for some odd reason. I have the lights far away, 1/4 nutes, some cal mag and the ph is around 5.7-6.0, so i really dont kno why my baby seems to want to brown up. Also I was maybe thinking of taking a clone from the bottom because the bottom part is getting caught on the side of the net pot because the plants bottom isnt lvl with the net pot and bucket. But i am wondering if i should up the nutes a bit. i am using 1/4 recommended dosage but am thinking about going into flowering soon. Maybe a week or 2 more. Remember This is my first grow so cut my some slack;)

18. yes... I would top it now

the purple stems and leaves a sign of something i'm not sure but I think its too much magnesium

dont clone it until you have sex'd the plant first you dont want to clone a shit load of males and waste a bunch of time, space and supplies

well good luck

19. #20 rigormortis, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
    everyone trims differently and has their own opinion on how or when or why to do it I never trim fan leaves or anything unless I'm topping or making clones, (or harvesting i guess)

as far as your nutes go I would flush with regular water for now until I get a lush green color again, and it looks like you're doing a hydro grow so check your PH OFTEN!