Should I 'top' my Kali Mist?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jonboy, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Yes, yes I know that by growing Kali Mist and Big Buddha Blue Cheese together I was asking for problems with the height differences but I'd appreciate any advice. At the moment they are 3 weeks from germinating and are doing well, both about 5" tall. Due to put the lights on 12/12 in 3 weeks when, I presume, the KM will shoot up much taller than the BC. Would topping the KM help, if so when is the best time to do this, now or later? Thanks GC!

2. I'm sure I'll take a beating on this, BUT I would wait until you have at least 5-6 good sets of branches. You could probably even wait until just before putting them under 12/12.

3. I have grown Kali Mist a few times and have gotten to experiment a bit and see what works best and in all honesty a good old LST does best I found that topping did well along with LST but wasn't really neccessary and caused unneeded stress to the plant and stunted growth for a few days where as LST alone allowed me to do what I wanted with the plant and make it work best with the space and lighting I could provide it.

4. Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. Have read the stickies on LST and think it's the way to go (with possibly some topping just before flower, according to Dierwolf). First time LST for me, time to get on that learning curve! Thanks again.

5. I was under the impression that you should top no later than 2 weeks before you kick em to 12/12. Do they get enough of a chance to develop if you top them that soon and if so can that be the second or thrid topping?