should I throw my little experiment away or is it sprouting okay?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DARKKNT420, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Alright so Im doing an experiment with regular pasturized dirt in a solo cup under a CFL 12/12 from seed. I planted my seed about 3 days ago and surprisingly it sprouted a little. I wasnt expecting that seeing as how I was just wondering what would happen and it would even sprout.
    What should I do with this?

Weird sprout
    ForumRunner_20120928_022735.png

2. It'll be fine. I think You should continue with Your experiment. It would be nice to see You follow through!

3. [quote name='"Head Spin"']It'll be fine. I think You should continue with Your experiment. It would be nice to see You follow through![/quote]

Ill follow through untill its dead. Lol. But I just dont know how it will turn out. The sprout is somewhat yellow. It just doesnt look healthy. But Ill see what happens.

4. I've had a couple like that before. It will turn green a little after It opens.

5. [quote name='"Head Spin"']I've had a couple like that before. It will turn green a little after It opens.[/quote]

Thats great. :) about how long would you say it would be before it opens a little more? I mean its getting 12 hours of light so im not sure. Ive never grown in regular dirt.

6. Hmmmm, Well Mine where sitting on a window sill and took around 1 day or 2. Some may have been 3.

7. [quote name='"Head Spin"']Hmmmm, Well Mine where sitting on a window sill and took around 1 day or 2. Some may have been 3.[/quote]

Thats mostly what ive read. Hopefully mine starts doing better. :)
    If it doesnt, I have more seeds.

8. I'd really give it more light. more like 16/8 if you're concerned about electricity use.

9. It's ok man that seed just popped and looks like its still opening. Give her a few days and the difference will be AWESOME. have you used any worm castings. It's an awesome feet for new babies. It's pretty much impossible to burn em with and gives em that nice little boost in the beginning

10. I agree with NN, I'd go pick up some peat moss, perlite, and ewc. Mix 1 part each. It's a great seed starter mix

11. UPDATE: alright so here she is after 2 days from when I posted.

ForumRunner_20120930_142838.png

ForumRunner_20120930_142859.png

She seems to be doing a lot better. Keep in mind Im experimenting with this cup to see how far I can go on good old regular pasturized dirt. She seems to be looking a little more healthy. Any more advice from this point on would be appreciated.

12. looks more like mud than dirt.....stop giving it so much water

13. [quote name='"Project ICE"']looks more like mud than dirt.....stop giving it so much water[/quote]

I havnt given it much water at all man. Maybe I should just mist it.

14. hahah really?

15. That dirt looks almost like the one I used for my first two seeds - they had no chance, basically jumped off the airplane without a parachute.

16. [quote name='"Project ICE"']

hahah really?[/quote]

Yeah. But keep in mind im just trying to see what I can accomplish with what I have now. Its an more of an experiment than a serious plant.

17. true.....its amazing how much this plant can really take

I had a plant that was about 2 inches in a 1 gallon pot and it died.....so i put it behind my garage about 2 months ago.....i never fed it....not even water....and it got maybe 6 hours of direct light per day

a few weeks ago i found it and it was 2 feet tall lol and here it is today lol

[​IMG]

18. [quote name='"Project ICE"']

true.....its amazing how much this plant can really take

I had a plant that was about 2 inches in a 1 gallon pot and it died.....so i put it behind my garage about 2 months ago.....i never fed it....not even water....and it got maybe 6 hours of direct light per day

a few weeks ago i found it and it was 2 feet tall lol and here it is today lol

[/quote]

That is amazing man. Its crazy how plants can live or die in different conditions. I have lots of extra seeds and Ive been wanting to just see what I can do.

19. Its starting to do a lot better :)

ForumRunner_20121002_153250.png