Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I tell my parents?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DanTheDankMan, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hi guys need some advice. My mum has just said to me that she thinks that I was smoking something the other night because I came in smelling ''Funny''. I had been out with a friend to smoke a quick J so she smelt the smoke on my jacket as I walked through the house to my room. She hasn't said anything else or confronted me but I feel like she has her suspicions and I feel like I have to creep around her making sure I don't give her any more reasons for suspicion. What I want to know is should I just sit down with her and tell her why I do it or should I just leave it until she catches me or comes to me asking? I just feel that if she is okay with it then it would be a lot easier on the both of us.

2. Tell her man.

3. Yeah man, if you're comfortable with telling her straight up, good for you. If you're underage it could get you grounded or w.e for a bit, but it's better then her catching you in the act.
    When my mom first found out, I was sittin in my room smoking a bong, no sploof with no windows open. You can imagine how she reacted when I was 13..

At first she might see it as something alone the lines of a "huge disappointment", but if she's understanding you won't have to be so secretive and feeling like you're "creeping" around while smoking.

4. Go with telling her. Makes you look more responsible too.

5. That is a very touchy subject to most..
    Ask yourself.. How does she view drug and alcohol use? If she doesn't approve or perhaps doesn't even use any substance herself, she might not understand. Are you dependent, must live with her for now? If you tell her and she disapproves, then you won't be able to smoke very easily around her and there is a chance, however minor, that she will drug test you.

My advice is to lay low for a week, maybe two..
    Don't come to the house smelling like anything for a while
    I wouldn't tell her, I made that mistake.. but if you wait, then you can continue smoking but you're going to carry some cologne, clear eyes, etc..

6. She has no problem with alcohol use and I know she doesn't approve of hard drugs but i barely class weed as a drug let alone a hard drug. I'm nearly 19 so she couldn't ground me or anything I just feel she would prefer to be told than to find out by catching me.

7. I would tell her - nothing beats being honest, which is super important with families - hell if you can't be honest with your folks!

I remember telling my parents like 17 years ago and they just said 'yes we already knew' and they also felt better that my friends and I smoked at my home where they could make sure we were safe than driving around getting high.

But they may go tits, so you will need to decide - Good Luck :D

8. tell her. if shes against it, show her the movie "the union". if u didn't see it i HIGHLY recommend it bro.

9. I would wait a little bit, If she drinks or smokes cigs every once in a while then I bet she will be a lot leanier with you. Just sit her down and tell her why you do it...if push comes to shove you get kicked out of your place and wont have to worry about it..or if shes ok with it she will let you do it at your house to make sure that you dont danger yourself and your stoned friends driving around or getting into trouble at public places with police...GOOD LUCK

10. Id wait a bit, your living with her, and if she doesnt approve, she might kick you out (rare but does happen). So just wait then one day tell her, be like, "Mom, have you ever smoked Marijuana?" and then go and be like "Well Im a complete stoner!" Nah Jk

11. If she mentions it again tell her. Just say you are old enough to make your own choices, and won't smoke in the house or anything.

12. just tell her your friend was smoking a cigarette when you two went for a walk. You didn't, but the smoke must have gotten into your jacket. That's all you gotta say if she brings it up man.

13. Really appreciate the advice guys has given me a lot to think about. Will let you know what comes from this if it progresses any further. Nice to know that there is people out there with good advice :):wave:

14. do not tell her wtf, dont be stupid man... my parents are cool wit it they let me drink too but idk bout urs, so jus dont tell her unless you kno she dusnt caree

15. dude your 19 do it your concidered an adult now im jealous of you in 15 and my mom says once im legal age shel smoke with me but for now she says i cant just tell her

16. Tell her cause if she catch you in the act she might try to send to rehab like my mom tryed to when she caught me

17. yo thats trippy.
    i was just gonna ask.
    well im gonna start a new thread cuz answers will be unclear

18. Uh, don't tell her. You're 18, you can be kicked out.

19. This site doesn't crack down too hard on minors unless they're completely dumb. Prepare for ban.

20. I didn't even have to tell my dad,on graduation day he said you better start working full time so you don't sit around my house and smoke pot all day,gotta love pops:)