Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I tell my parents?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StillBlazing123, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Basically, I'm tempted to tell them..

I joked around with my mum ages ago about weed and she pretty much said she didn't see anything wrong with it or it's effects, anddd my brother also used it openly a bit, and she didn't seem to mind, but then she's always been a bit stricter on me because he messed his life up a bit. I also have a jar in my room with all my weed smoking stuff in, and its usually in a box but one time i got home and it was on my side and like theres no way she tidied it up without looking in it? So i don't know where to just come out and tell them?

2. you know how your parents will react better then we do why bother asking? theres going to be people that tell you to watch the union with her... thats the stupidest thing you can do. "here mom watch this movie about pot so it can change your mind."

3. If you think that your mom will be chill about it then yeah id go right ahead. Just make sure to show her that youre not fucking up your life like your brother did.

4. Sorry buddy I got first hand experience on this, its a no go :D

My mom didn't have an opinion about it (didn't care) until my brother/sister fucked their lives up going into harder stuff.

She bugged me about it from their, ext..

Could be worse if your moms an ass, my parents were great for the most part.

5. Make sure you have a job and good grades when you do. This makes it look like you have your life in order so you have better chances of them approving.

6. Just roll up a grape swisha with her...i bet she would be down to bake

7. But, whats your age? If youre a kid, dont tell anything.

I used to talk with my mom about a weed a lot. When I told her the first the time that I tried weed, she took it cool. However when she found me smoking weed at home, she got really angry, but in the end, she told me "You can smoke weed, I know its not dangerous etc,etc but DONT SMOKE AT HOME" No, she only say things like "dont smoke a lot"

8. Honestly dude i would tell you to tell them just because i wanna see what the outcome is :p, but if i was you i wouldn't tell them. I assume you are close/getting close to moving out i would tell them then, when your not their "little boy" feel me bruh?

9. Im sure she would rather find out from you, then finding your stash or hearing from a friend of yours, tell her. It will build trust
    IMO

10. That depends, do you want to smoke weed after?

11. I'm 17, i'm not doing bad in school but I could be doing a lot better..
    I might think about getting a job and upping my school work and then tell her :D

12. [quote name='"StillBlazing123"']I'm 17, i'm not doing bad in school but I could be doing a lot better..
    I might think about getting a job and upping my school work and then tell her :D[/quote]

Goodbye

13. I'd wait until i was 18, atleast.
    But then at that point, its none of her business really.

Come to think of it, its never really their business.

14. Haha.

15. i would find it pretty weird to smoke with a parent

16. [quote name='"smokeafatblunt"']

i would find it pretty weird to smoke with a parent[/quote]

It's because you got squarents not parents
    Jk lol

17. i told my mom when i was 16. she was cool with it. this is the kind of thing that we cant decide for you

18. Fair shout guys, I'm 18 in like 5 weeks, So i'll wait till then, then mention it :D

19. There's always a risk when you're telling your parents, and you're probably the best judge of how they'll react. I've smoked with my dad before, but my mom told me we lived in a "no smoking household" (they're divorced).

I'd say be a little cautious because your parents know your brother smoked, and if he messed around they may be a little sensitive about it. On the other hand, he could have broken them into the idea. Again, you're the best judge.

20. #20 Storm Crow, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
    You might call up my List- or better yet, get your own copy of the 2012 Granny's list (see the bottom of my sig for my email) and ask her to "just read the titles". Maybe even bet her $10 that she cant read all the titles in one sitting!

The 2012 List is 670+ pages long! By the time she gets down to the "C"s, she should be convinced that cannabis IS medicine and have a new view on using it!

So what will she be reading through the "A"s? Here's a sample!

Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs. (news – 2008)
    Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs.

Cannabis reverses brain damage from alcohol (news - 2008)
    http://medicalcannabisawareness.myblogsite.com/entry36.html#body

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Cannabis Use Not Linked To So-Called "Amotivational Syndrome" (news - 2006)
    Cannabis Use Not Linked To So-Called "Amotivational Syndrome"

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA (news - 2008)
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Scientists are High on Idea that Cannabis Reduces Memory Impairment (news - 2008)
    Scientists are high on idea that marijuana reduces memory impairment

Why Cannabis Stems Inflammation (news - 2008)
    Why Cannabis Stems Inflammation

Cannabinoids prevent the development of behavioral and endocrine alterations in a rat model of intense stress. (full – 2011) Neuropsychopharmacology - Cannabinoids Prevent the Development of Behavioral and Endocrine Alterations in a Rat Model of Intense Stress

Marijuana Extract Helps Arthritis Pain (news - 2000)
    Marijuana Extract Helps Arthritis Pain

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries (news - 2005)
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

And that is just a few from the "A"s!

Granny