Should I tell my parents I smoke pot?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jmizle, Oct 27, 2011.

1. #1 jmizle, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
    Well... both of my parents smoke weed, but they have no clue that I know they smoke. I've found their pipes and their vaporizer and their stash (which of course I took advantage from knowing where their stash was =P) but my question is, should I tell them I smoke? I feel like that would be cool as hell if I got to smoke with my parents or something, and I don't want to have to go out with friends or hide from them, but My parents would never expect that I smoke weed, I'm an all A's student and they've seen me as a "good kid" my whole life. But I feel like they wouldn't really care if I smoke since they do, but I want you guys' opinions on this. And if I do go through with telling them, how would y'all suggest I go about doing that?

2. meh, i wouldn't.

3. hmm
    if you want to man you can, but I wouldn't. the less action the better on that

4. It depends really on how your parents will take it. If they're open minded they will probably won't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't do it if I was in your position.

5. I agree I'm in a pretty good position, but I hate having to leave my house, or go out late at night to smoke so they won't find out. I kinda just wanna tell them so I can just step outside and smoke a bowl without worrying what they'll think. I'm just really nervous about telling them, I've never done anything "bad" in my life.

6. i wouldnt tell, just wait till they catch u or some shit

7. true..yeah tell em man and keep up the grades

8. It depends on your age and your parents for instance my mom drinks on occasion but she would never let me drink >21

9. Don't do it man. The day will come when they find out on their own. Don't ask don't tell ya feel me?

10. Wait till they catch you, it is more fun that way. Of course if they both smoke I am sure they already know or have suspicions of such.

11. No no no no I told and it fucked my life up so no

12. Well, it really depends on your parents. If they have always seen you as a "good kid" surely they have some faith in you and believe that you can make wise choices as an adult. Anyways heres some pros and cons

Pros

1. You don't have to hide it from them
    2. Could further build your relationship with your parents
    3. Possiblely hook you up with bud

Cons.

1. Could freak out and take away privileges

13. Say that a friend of yours told you about a documentary that he liked. Don't specify the friend. When they ask you what movie, say 'The Union', and then ask them if they heard about it. Roll from there.

It'll go like this:

"Oh, yeah, we've heard about it. Great movie - you should watch it."
    - Here say: "Umm...I didn't quite know how to say this but it sounds like it might be okay with you guys - I smoke pot."

"Oh...well. We smoke."
    -Touchdown?!

"Oh, um...not really. I havn't heard about it."
    - Get them to watch it with you, see if they crack. If not, a month or so later..'Hey mom...um. After watching that movie I decided I might like to try it...so I did.' Roll with this.

"Fucking terrible movie."
    -Run.

14. they smoke weed and your successful and not some failure kid, so yeah
    if they try say why u do that! then tell them 'im passing school'

15. That's quite possibly the greatest idea I've ever heard lol. and for all of you other guys thanks for your opinions.

16. No problem man, always willing to help out someone who needs it

17. Dont tell them you do, but make hints that you know they do. Just make subtle hints about weed. Like bring it up if you guys are watching the news, be like "why dont they just legalize weed already? its not bad for you." Keep it subtle and build up to it, dont potentially throw yourself in a ditch.

18. #18 GaiaGuy, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
    I agree with the posters who’ve advised you not to directly tell them. Instead, feel out their position on it. Ask them what they think about the legalization efforts in California, and the medicinal marijuana issues that are currently going on. Engage them in intelligent conversation, and then make it clear that you support legalization efforts. Have some good points prepared that will lead to further dialogue.

Then, if you have a good feeling from their responses, you may decide to let them know that you’ve tried it.

Gauge their response. Wait for a reply and listen as much as you speak. Depending on their tone you may feel it is appropriate to share that you occasionally partake. However, be prepared for a negative response, too.

Remember, it’s their house and their rules.

Lastly, it is never cool to steal from your parents; not even from their stash. That’s just a no-no. You can’t expect to receive respect while disrespecting them like that. If you don’t think they noticed missing marijuana, ask yourself; would you?

You may be proceeding into this topic with a strike against you already. Be aware of that, and strive to better curb your impulses in the future.

Peace.

19. DAAAMMMNN kid! Get served!!

20. In my opinion you should roll a 10g Blunt for christmas, or any weighted blunt as long as it's decent. Give it to them as a present whether Christmas, birthday or just random. Attach a little not saying "I expect this to be shared ;)" while smoking the blunt they will discuss with you, be straight up. Honest.