Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

...Should I tell my family doctor about my MMJ rec?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by music.flow, Mar 7, 2010.

1. #1 music.flow, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
    I know this may seem like a dumb question, but should I tell my doctor about my MMJ recommendation?

My mom NOW knows about my rec. I just told her about it, literally four days ago. She's not comfortable at all with it (lol she's an old timer), but she's not super mad at me or anything. I told her about my rec after I explained why I use it. Lol I was so shocked I told her. I thought she was going to kick me out of the house!

Since my MMJ doc said I need medical records of my insomnia, I do plan to get diagnosed by my family doctor. That way, its on my real medical record about my health probs AND my MMJ rec gets extended another year (read my past thread). Killing two birds with one stone

The reason why I'm kind of scared to tell my family doctor is b/c Idk if they will be "ANTI MJ" and tell me to pop pills 24/7 when I don't need that. Of course, I will be willing to try pills and see which one is better for me. But, I have a feeling MMJ will work WAY better. I mean, look at all the side effects pills in general have.

I don't quite have a "go-to" family doctor just yet. If I am able to, I'm going to try and request a "pro-marijuana" doctor if its even possible.

Also, Idk if they will write down on my medical record I'm a MMJ patient since I don't want it to show up on my medical insurance. IDK if my medical insurance supports smokers. Haha or am I just being mad paranoid?

AGH! Someone help me out! If you told your family doc, what happened? How did it go?

2. it can be a good or bad idea. i told my doctor and he said he didnt want to be my doctor anymore because im taking medication he does not approve of so he said he can not treat me further. so i got a new doctor haha. i havnt told me new one i have the feeling it will happen again.

you have to see how your doctor feels about medical marijuana before you tell him about it. say "i was looking into medical marijuana, what do you feel about medical marijuana?" dont tell him you have a card already

3. In California part of Prop 215 and SB 420 is the "advised consent decree" which basically states that you HAVE to tell your regular physician about your recommendation.

4. Just tell em, worst that can happen, you end up finding a doctor that doesn't hate that good ol' Mary Jane. +rep for a legit thread lol, nowadays people post nonsense.

5. you dont have to tell anyone anything

6. Thank you for the replies everyone.

Man, I'm still in a pickle. IDK if I should say. I mean, my mom already knows I use MMJ so theres nothing to hide. I'd really like to tell my doc and by open about it, but I can't help but feel a little uncomfortable and paranoid about the idea lol.

But, I'm just scared that the doc might not recommend it and tell me otherwise when MMJ works amazingly right now.

I mean, what would be the worst if I were to tell them?

7. Oh snap really? Where does it say that? May you point me in the right direction, Will? Lol thanks