Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I tell my dealer?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by dagz, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Hey all,

So long story shory, last month I got pulled over and arrested for a weed DUI. They blood tested me then released me and now i'm waiting on blood results. Thankfully I didn't have anything on me and I could possibly fight it due to an unlawful stop, but we will see. I'm trying to enjoy the last few months I have before a possible probation sentence (6 months).

I'm going to go see my dealer soon and i'm wondering if I should even bother telling him the story? I don't want the dude to think i'm a snitch or it's a controlled buy or whatever. I'm pretty close to him and knew him for a while, and even hungout with him a while ago a few times normally, but i'm not THAT close to him where he trusts me 100%. Any advice on what I should do? Just play it safe and not say anything at all? I want him to sell to me still after my probation (if I go on it), and disappearing for 6 months also might possibly weird him out.

Thanks for reading.

2. Don't bother telling him. You got caught out of bad luck, telling him wouldn't be a warning or benefit him or your relationship in any way. All it would do is possibly make him view you as an irresponsible client or someone who might bring the wrong attention and get him busted. And he won't care if you stop buying for 6 months; if he says anything just say you have to quit for a drug test but you'll start buying from him again once that clears.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Yeah don't tell him....and buy a whizzinator, trust me best 150 investment for any smoker that's job hunting or on probation

Sent from my SM-N910T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. thanks for the reply. I won't tell him and you seem right about that. I always called him once every 2 months or so and I just hope me popping up out of the blue after 6 months doesn't weird him out. So I shouldn't even bother saying anything to him first when I do get on probation?

5. Sadly, whizzinator doesn't work on drug probation. I'm pretty sure they stare right at it. Another question I have unrelated in a way is, I buy co2 in disposable cartridges. Is it possible that those things can last for 6+ months?

6. Chill bro roll a joint

7. Don't bother saying anything to him, I'm sure he'll still be selling weed when you can smoke again... and if not, there's always more dealers. Worry more about your legal situation than if you'll lose your pot dealer. And you might not even be put on probation if you play this case right... a DUI from weed with a blood test; a good lawyer can convince them that THC shows up in your system long after the impairing effects wear off. If you say they also stopped you unlawfully, you're worrying for no reason.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I read a DUI in certain states (meaning mine) even if weed isn't active in your system but is stored in the fat cells from weeks prior, they will still hit you with a DUI. I spoke to lawyers, they suggest the ARD program for first time offenders which is usually 6 months probation then it gets expunged. If I want to take it to trial it will cost upwards to 5 grand, compared to $1500 for the program.

9. First-time offender programs are usually a good idea. And honestly, so are lawyers (remember what was said in "Breaking Bad" :D), especially if your state's laws are tricky.

Without going into great detail, let me just say firsthand...a
    good attorney can make a big difference in all areas of criminal defense (drugs & DUI included). Lawyers can get charges reduced (by negotiating with the DA; e.g. not all charges have enough evidence to "stick"), they greatly reduce the amount of paperwork you have to deal with, they can sometimes go to court for you (saving you time-off from work), they'll explain all your options & their advice, and can even help with related matters (expungement process, negotiation for penalties & fines, etc).

More from personal experience: my state has an "unauthorized substance tax" -- yep, that's right...taxes on Mary Jane, other unmentionables, and illegal liquor/moonshine/etc. My lawyer saved me over $850 there.
    He also got me through the first-offender program with zero community service hours (75-200 was typical for my charges), no court-ordered probation (though the case was "pending" for 12 months to allow completion of the "harm reduction" program & another charge during this time would've altered the terms of the "deal"), and a single "rapid results" drug test (at the end of said "harm reduction" program).

It might cost you some money, but in the long run, what's more important -- your money, or your freedom?

10. If he trust you 100% I would tell him just so that way he doesn't get busted as well. Keep an eye out on ya boy. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Consult your doctor and tell him/her your drug dealer scares you, but you prefer his drugs he deals anyway.