Should I take this job?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TobaccoBlond, Apr 24, 2013.

1. A job opening came up at sub shop but its as a deliverer. I'm feeling a little torn. In a way I want to take it because the pickings are slim out there. But on the other hand there's always the risk as a food deliverer to get robbed or even worse as a female. If i took it should I carry some pepper spray?

Thoughts & advice are appreciated, many thanks friends

2. I think it's common practice for delivery drivers to stay strapped with the uzi in the waistband

3. I think you'll be fine, most people ordering food are probably going to be normal. In the odd chance that you encounter a freak, keeping pepper spray on you would be a great idea. I think you'll be fine if you carry pepper spray and a small shank in your car, and I say that because I bet you will never have to use the knife or spray.

4. Take what you can get for now, and keep looking for your dream job. You can always quit later. Also, you do have the benefit that you do quick, regular deliveries.

"If I'm not back in ten minutes, call the police!"

5. Honestly, it sort of depends on the area. Most places, delivery drivers get by largely unbothered. If you'd be delivering to primarily shady areas though, I might avoid it.

6. if a hottie delivered me a sub super fast...youd bet id leave a niice tip :smoke: