Should i take the job or finish college?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BONGandDUTCHES, Mar 16, 2011.

1. So im in my second year of college and just found out that my dad can get me a job. I start off as a trainee for 3 months then after those 3 months i become a stock broker..

Being a stock broker or anything with investing is what i wanted to do after college.

I feel like that if i can get the job now why not take it..especially in this economy and job market. I should take what i can get, and what i can get is the job i wanted.

Should i take it or finish school?

2. I would take the job.

3. Look dude if you know some one in the field and you want to go into it, and they are offering to JOB you should definitely go for it. Let alone its your Dad so he will for sure give you a good recommendation. I mean im currently in my second year of college looking for any type of internship i can get let alone something that is paid.

4. ok....maybe finish school first

5. Wait why cant your dad get you the job in a year when you have a degree?

6. Shit man, tough decision. I would say if your dad can still get you a job in a few years when you finish school, then do that, but if it is only temporary, you could take the job and go back to school later (if necessary).

7. Stock Broker? Lol. Just remember, if the populous ever decides to revolt they will kill the stock brokers.

8. is it not possible to do both? maybe school part time

9. I would do school part time, just get some credits out of the way(electives) via online community schools.

10. What firm would hire a broker without a college degree?

But if you can get a job w/o completing college go for it. why waste time preparing for a job when u can just have it?

11. College is about expanding your mind and ways of thinking, not just for gaining money. That part is a life enhancer like weed.

12. Finish your degree. Don't care how you do it, just finish. You probably aren't going to be a stock broker forever.

If you take the job, attend school part time. You might even show a lot of promise and the company will pay for you to finish your degree.

Whatever decision you make, kick SERIOUS ass at it.

13. Take the job AND finish college. Drop down to a part-time student and just slowly whittle away at the credits you need while you work.

14. Fuck that, I would not spend buncha dough on school just to not finish after two years... waste of time and money man.

15. How much are you gonna get paid/where you live?