Should I take her back?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by NuclearGuru, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Okay, to make a long story short, I dated this girl for almost 3 years. She dumped me in August I think. At first she wouldn't explain why. Then I find out it was because she "loved" another guy. Note that they dated a while before I started dating her. I always suspected she still had feelings for him but when I heard that they were talking again I knew she would probably try to go back. A little bit after that she broke up with me.

Just recently she sent me a message on facebook. It was the first time I had heard from her in a couple months. At first it was just casual conversation and catching up. Next thing I know she sends me this random message out of the blue. It was like 2 paragraphs of her telling me that she loves me and that she never stopped caring about me. She also expressed guilt for the way she treated me. I didn't really know what say in reply so I was just like "good to hear it" and the small talk starts again. We've been talking for a little bit now and she seems intent on making sure I know that she loves me since she uses the word in damn near every message.

I don't really know what to do. I can say that I love her but how am I supposed to believe that she means it. It seems probable that she is just coming back to me because she couldn't get anywhere with the other guy. Or maybe she really does mean it. Any advice?

2. I dont know you or her but my advice is this:

With ex's, old flames etc it's sometimes a great breath of fresh air to get back together with them, even if you guys left things shaky in the past

The first few months or even year could be great..almost like the first time you guys met and really started dating. The key word is almost

Certain things and situations can bring back those emotions/feelings that led to your first breakup. And you also know the "games" you each tend to play.

As nice as it sounds, especially when youre both single and maybe wanting to be with someone, I personally havent had it work out for more than several months. Tip-toe and take it slow

imho

3. Go with your heart man. I'd be a hypocrite if I said you'd be stupid to go back to her.

If you feel she's honest... go with it. Just BE CAREFUL dude... girls are masterminds with their wordplay. They can make you believe anything.

4. Man, I wouldn't trust that biznatch. She fucked you over/took advantage of you once, don't let it happen again, cause guess what.. she probably isn't sorry

5. She doesn't know what she wants. Sounds flaky to me, for all we know the guy lost interest in her, and now she's just looking for someone who will give her attention...

6. if she did it once she'll do it again.

7. I'm gonna have to agree with this guy.

8. exactly

9. the problem is even if she is telling the truth and loves you and is sorry blah blah blah, can you really trust her 100% now?

if you can't then I don't think it'll work out for long. cus I know once a girl leaves me and came back I'd always have the thought in the back of my mind about whether she actually wants to be with me or if i'm the temporary guy she's with until she meets some guy she likes more.

I don't think you can just leave someone you "love" and go with another guy.

I know some couples that broke up and are back together now and seem very happy together but i'm not sure how that happened. so it's possible I guess.

but i'd never feel the same about a girl after she left me for some other guy.

10. and i agree with this. if she left once. it'll b easier for her to just leave again next time cus she already did it once and even got you back.

unless you are sure you love her and plan on getting married to this girl then i'd say fuk it and find a new girl that won't leave you for her ex.

11. She's your ex for a reason.