Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I take a tolerance break?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by KushDid420, May 5, 2016.

1. Hey,

I haven't been smoking for 1 month and then started again. The first bowl after my break hit me really good.
    But recently I've noticed that I don't get as high as usual. It's more like a body high only, I remember getting mindfucked by a single blunt when I didn't smoke much. For the last 2 weeks I have basically been smoking daily and my experience is not as good as it used to be.

So should I take a t-break? I still wanna smoke daily so could I just smoke once a day and get a lower tolerance just by smoking less?

2. How how many times per day do u smoke on average? Try limit it to one smoke a day for 2-3 weeks and see how u feel. For me, I do feel like my tolerance goes down, but significantly slower than a proper t-breaker

3. Yea there's no real way around tolerance build up. If you are smoking everyday several times a day I'd try dialing it back to maybe a wake n bake bowl and then wait till night time to smoke again. Go do something active (run, work out) during the day and you may feel slightly stronger effects when you smoke at night.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Usually 2-3 times a day but recently about 3-5 times.

5. depends on intent of the high

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. If u smoke that much then try taking the work week off and continue smoking on the weekend. I've noticed that the more you smoke, the more effective t-breaks are. I definetely feel a difference in the high when I refrain from smoking for as little as two days.

7. 2-5 sessions a day is pretty average for your regular smoker. If you want to be able to get real baked every know and then I recommend picking up some type of good concentrate(s) if they are available in your area. That way you can smoke your flower when you want a nice daytime high and maybe save a dab or two for later at night for that knock out stone.

8. If you call that a regular which I am what would you consider a heavy smoker?

9. lol i dab atleast 6-8 times a day. and thats not even a lot. but its all relative to tolerance so..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Well yea that's true but I'm just not a dabber I definitely like my flower and my vaporizer saves my lungs that's for sure got some Cinderella 99 it's 24.7 percent thc so I'm not complaining lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. There will never be another time equal to your first time. Think about it, before you knew weed you knew nothing. Now all you know is chase of the first time you felt high. Plight of the stoner, paradox of people.

• Like Like x 2
  12. What about I just smoke every evening only? That should lower my tolerance too or do I need to take an actual break?

Well the problem is they're not available in my area (at least not legally^^) Trust me, I'd be dabbing all day

I'm not trying to get high like my first time but one bowl could kick my ass when I didn't smoke much and now I only get a little headchange maybe from the same amount.

13. Yep, that's how tolerance works. It sucks. Honestly I've been wrestling with this too, I started smoking daily non-stop a few months ago, then took a week break, smoked daily for a couple weeks and took another week break, then since last week I've just been smoking every few days or so, not really a hard and fast rule, but only smoking when I'm with friends. I smoked Tuesday, then Saturday, Tuesday and then Thursday. Honestly, I've had the best results with just smoking every couple of days.

I can still smoke, but since it's every few days I feel like I get a lot higher every time. Maybe cut down to once a day, then every few days? Or you could take another month off and then go every few days to keep your tolerance from building up so quick. Every few days only works for me when I don't have any weed with me (and I'm only buying weed to smoke with friends). Otherwise I have to just not smoke at all or I'm smoking every day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. For me if I only smoke in the evening then my tolerance doesn't go up (or down), but I do enjoy the highs a LOT more.