Should i switch to 12/12?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sean1989, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Hi was wondering if anyone could help me im doing my first scrog grow,5 plants,29 days old since sprout,2 air cooled lights one 600w hps and one 400w hps strains pineapple chunk and cookies cush and im just unsure if i should switch to 12/12 or keep vegging im finding it hard to judge how much the net is full,appreciate any help,thanks 20180920_210436.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 1 month veg and 2 month flower= average grow

tho I'd avoid growing different strains with this method

as you will discover ....lol

nice

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for reply

I know i just wasn't sure if i filled the net enough haha and yeah some have grown faster than others lol thanks 3rd grow in total now so starting to get the hang of it,gonna switch them to flower considering theyll still grow more anyway

• Like Like x 2
  4. I never went full hog with SCROG. But I was going to, and sure read up on it a lot. Everything I encountered urged me to fill the screen up entirely in veg. It's your yield, though...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for reply

So do you think im better giving them a bit longer in veg?

6. Flip the switch. The stretch will finish filling your scrog
    You don't get much stretch on the PC, I've grown it before, it will almost go 3/8's in size, can't say for sure on the other.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks,i have switched to 12/12 i was thinking that too and yeah the pc does seem shorter and bushier,how long would you say to keep tucking into flower?

8. I absolutely would let them fill the screen in veg. But that's up to you. Like I said, it's going to impact your yield. Not mine :) It is true that you may be able to fill it out in flower, but that is not going to increase your yield any. I'd top a couple more places and give it 2 more weeks. You can keep tucking as it flowers, even though the screen is filled from veg. Sounds like you already switched, but it wouldn't be too late to switch back. Up to ya.

9. You are essentially defeating the purpose of a scrog. Make the most of your space, especially vertical. You've got 1000 watts of light. Are you in a rush or something?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Okay ive now thought about it more and set timer back to veg haha im going to let them veg for another week or so and see how they are,im such an indecisive person! Haha like you say if i leave it longer i get a bigger yield

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yea bro bigger is better in this case

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah im letting them go longer and no im not in a rush i just found it hard to judge how full the net was, but yeah i do have a lot of space vertically too

Thanks for reply

13. Thanks for reply

Looking at that theres quite a difference in 2 weeks glad i made the decision to stay in veg,how much rough weight do you think i could get with 1000w light and 5 plant scrog?

14. A safe guess would be a pound. As much as 1 gram/watt, or 2.2lbs. Probably more like 1.5 pounds though. Let that screen fill! Thank me later :)

15. Yeah i was thinking roughly the same,and yeah i will! Haha ill make sure i do thanks for advice

16. Thought id post an update see what you guys think,i think i stopped bending a bit early as they stretched quite a bit but apart from that everything seems good heres some photos also has a stem that seemed to have topped/split itself but there is no node so got 2 outta 1 thanks 20181014_203843.jpg 20181014_203521.jpg 20181008_190158.jpg 20181014_203502.jpg 20180927_222912.jpg

17. Hell yes bro they are coming along beautifully all the little weed tittes pokin out to say whats up

• Like Like x 1