Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I stop smoking weed if I have a cold?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Justin1020304, May 7, 2016.

1. I feel like my cold is pretty much gone compared to a few days ago but I still have a cough that bring up mucus and it sometimes hurts my chest if I cough but it pretty occasional for the cough doesn't happen that much. Maybe I'm just being paranoid that I'll get acute bronchitis . Could this happen? Chances of it happening? And I'm only smoking a very small amount once per day. Thoughts?

2. You will get AIDS.

no you wont. But smoking and accumulating tar is never good when you're sick. Common sense man.

3. Give it a break...might help you recover more quickly...

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm just afraid of it turning into bronchitis or something, are the chances of that happening likely?

5. I'm not a Dr....I'm sure it won't help you.
    Maybe go to google and post the question there....good luck, hope you feel better.....

6. yes

Bronchitis is an inflammation of the lining of your bronchial tubes, which carry air to and from your lungs. People who have bronchitis often cough up thickened mucus, which can be discolored. Bronchitis may be either acute or chronic.
    Often developing from a cold or other respiratory infection, acute bronchitis is very common. Chronic bronchitis, a more serious condition, is a constant irritation or inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes, often due to smoking

7. I notice smoking makes me feel horrible and drag on certain sicknesses. Itll help your immune system to stay off the tree

8. But when I smoke though I don't even have the urge to cough.. Which I'm pretty sure if I had or was about to get bronchitis I would cough up a lung. It doesn't irritate my throat or anything makes me feel pretty good. I'm confused what to do. Heard so many different answers. And it helps me sleep better even when I'm not sick so it would suck to not be able to sleep easier :/

9. Only thing I'm afraid of is getting bronchitis but I don't know the likely hood of marijuana smoke and that happening. I feel like I'm pretty much done with the cold .

10. I didn't quit (thought about it) and my simple chest cold with minimal symptoms turned into pretty bad bronchitis. A trip to the docs office to get some meds and its getting a little better finally but its been almost 2 weeks and it hasn't been fun. Smoking definitely makes it worse imo...

11. I would stop smoking for a while, with a cold you do run the risk of bronchitis. I've smoked with strep throat before because the pain was so bad before the meds kicked in, but that's a bacterial thing. Smoking with strep probably wasn't the best idea but it got to the point where I was waking up in the night every two hours almost in tears (before I was diagnosed) then after I got the medication it took a while to kick in so I smoked a bowl and felt much better.

A cold is different and from experience, you'll just make it last longer/get worse. So unless you really don't care, just don't smoke for a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Whenever im sick i always smoke , no changes i smoke just as much as i would daily ! Dont worry youll be fine.

13. I feel different high when I am sick so I feel its kinda of a waste of weed, your enjoy your weed more when your well. However it can also make your cold more bearable. I say cook some weed brownies this week and smoke when you get better. My lungs have been bothering me lately so I was going cook some later actually.

14. It will not help ya man. I always try to not smoke at all wheneva im sick... Hope ya get well soon brotha... I feel the peps that went through bronchitis! My condition was acute though and tended to worsen by smoking each time.

15. My experiences fly at odds with the other posters. Marijuana, while difficult to smoke when sick, makes me feel functional and even helps break my fever. It opens my airways and I can actually breathe five minutes after smoking. I'm still sick and feel like shit. But at least now I'm high and can eat.
    My cousin smoked weed while diagnosed with pneumonia. He survived.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Smoke as much as you can in sickness or in health. Weed is the mirical drug everybody shud be smokin. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Make brownies. Eat mothertrucking brownies. Win the cold.

18. I smoke when I have a cold I just treat the symptoms first then take a nap. Helps on the recovery.