Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I stay friends with someone that doesnt like me smoking?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Nella, Jul 10, 2003.

1. I think that unless your smoking weed is hurting you or your freindship she has no right to judge you. I do not think she would lke you doing HEROINE either thats what I would be worried about if I was her. Anyways you should tell her either that its not hurting you and you do it just like everyone else just to have a good time or if thats not the case then stop and keep your friend whos trying to help even if shes got it a little off.

2. Just stop tellin her you smoke. Or actually quit til she goes to college if it matters that much to you.
    The "you're a marijuana addict!" bugs me. I smoked evvvveryday for 3 years. Then bam I quit. I won't even say "quit" cause it makes it sound like something I HAD to do everyday. I stopped smokin. Been 2 and a half months and not one day of sobriety have I been like "Ohmygod I need to get high my life is falling apart".. I haven't geeked out. You don't break down when you go without bud or alcohol, do you?
    An addict is when you feel like your life is falling apart when you can't have whatever it is you want.
    Your friend and you don't sound compatible at all. I mean for real, if she has such a big problem with just weed, just wait til she finds out about the heroin. Heheh this makes weed sound like a gateway drug..
    But yeaaah. I'm glad I have no friends like that. Wouldn't be friends with them in the first place..

3. Through my experience, i find that after a while of smoking, you will get a new circle of friends, and that this circle will eventually take over from the friends you had as a teenager. That is not to say that you don't have contact with these, or get new non-smoking friends, but they will not be in your inner circle. Common interests and pasttimes take priority. Mine are weed, beer, computers and music. Hence all my close friends share at least 3 of these interests, and the weed thing is most important. If they don't smoke, i don't trust them with my entire personality, especially the "weed-secret", 'coz you'll never know if they'll rat you out.

Oh, and when getting new toker-friends, make sure it's the right crowd, and not the selfdestructive "I'll do anything" bunch.

4. i think i might have posted.....but anyway, i have some friends that dont like me smoking andim just like "this is what i do, i dont try to change things i dont like about you, so let me be" usualy it works out... but idunno, i have stoner friends that dont like to talk to me while high.....weird shit, cant understand it

5. difficult beeing a newbie, innit :)

We've all been there.

You'll live, just hang on for the ride :D