Should i start the 12/12 photoperiod?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mrmattyb, Aug 31, 2016.

1. 14726249798601389698472.jpg 1472625160182-946481994.jpg Hey im a new grower just starting with 1 plant right now. Was wondering if its far enough along to starr the 12/12 photoperiod now or wait a bit longer. Heres a pic

2. I was told you start flowing when ever you ready the plant will grow 3.5× that Size during flowing anyway

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh really 3.5x i wasnt expecting that... might need a bigger room its about a foot and a halfish tall now, i didnt know it grew so much during flowering...

4. Yea they really stretch I'm on my first grow now as well finna kick these girls into flower tomorrow

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wow u got a good size grow for a first time, i figured id try one plant to start, would u recomend taking a few clones before i flower?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Most double in size , then it was 2.5 times then 3 times , now 3.5 times People just keep piling it on .
    So now lets say it quadruples in size and scare everyone new
    If you keep your light close it won't stretch that much about 2 times , unless it is a heavy percentage Sativa

• Like Like x 2
  7. top the plant if you think it may get too tall or bend her over and tie her down... lol

Every strain will grow different. In my experience a nine inch indica dominate strain put into flower under a 600w HPS will finish around two and one half feet tall.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If size is a concern just run 12/12 from seed. This will give you quickest harvests and smaller plants.

I'm guessing you're using cfls anyways and 2/3 of the bottom of the plant won't make decent buds anyways ...

9. I am using cfls as im a first timer, any tips for getting some more bud production out of the bottom?

10. Get better lights.
    Led or hid. Cfls are good for vegging plants, but very little bud production from them.

11. Don't listen to 80% of the crap typed here!! Do listen to Triple6 though... get better lights

What strain are you growing? As for stretch its strain dependent... some indica's will literally stretch 6" on flip some sativa's 3'

Personally I wouldn't top (if you have the head room) which we'll know better once we know strain but I would clean up (remove) all the lower branches below your support steak as their not going to get much light (especially with CFL) and that energy will be better put into the upper buds.

12. u can use CFL'S i would reccomend a bulb no less then 200w and use a couple of them.