Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

should i start saving my vaped herb?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by vakK, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Hey guys
    I Vape only through my Extreme Q, soon to be SSV and MFLB when they arrive :D
    my question is should i keep my vaped herb??
    what can i do with it? and is it really sanitary to cook with or anything?

2. [quote name='"vakK"']Hey guys
    I Vape only through my Extreme Q, soon to be SSV and MFLB when they arrive :D
    my question is should i keep my vaped herb??
    what can i do with it? and is it really sanitary to cook with or anything?[/quote]

Yeah man, definitely save it. Basically I tap out my bowls onto a folded piece of paper, and every few days I dump it into a mason jar. Been collecting a good month. Lookin to try cookin with it soon. Search avb or abv on the forum here

3. Why wouldn't it be sanitary? You don't use your nugs to plug yourself before you vape 'em, right?

You want to mix it (cook it on low) with something fatty and oily (olive oil, vegetable oil, butter, etc). Definitely go with one of the many guides that are on this fantastic website.

4. Yeah you should keep it, no reason not too tbh.

5. YES

Especially with the MFLB. You'll never get them all the way brown with that.

Easiest recipe ever is just to toss it in a pan with peanut butter, mix it up, throw it in the oven at 300-350ish for 20-40 min. There are varying "facts" that get thrown around on temperature and length of time but honestly it's pretty hard to screw up severely. I've experimented a lot with temperature and time and I don't notice a lot of variability in the potency.

I've also done oil, regular butter, etc. I don't notice much variability in potency when using other fats either.

6. The peanut butter will last forever and you can just take it out and eat some whenever. Keep in mind edibles take a bit over 2 hours to fully peak so be careful.

7. [quote name='"GenericName12"']The peanut butter will last forever and you can just take it out and eat some whenever. Keep in mind edibles take a bit over 2 hours to fully peak so be careful.[/quote]

This. I've seen inexperienced people, mind you small in comparison to myself, get extremely high, sickening high. Not to say I haven't greened out once or twice. Just the sheer amount of time difference between smoking and eating makes it difficult to judge at first. Start slow for sure.

8. awesome guys! thank u all for the tips ! :D
    I will start keeping it :)

9. Last time I used my post vape I put it in tomato soup first I added milk and butter post vape and mixed herbs to a pot and simmered it for a few minutes at mid to low temp than I added the can of soup and cooked it according to the label ate it with a grilled cheese it was so good and got me high for a few hours and I didn't even tase the weed

10. yes, vaped weed can be very strong if cooked right

11. OMG. yes! I use a volcano vaporizer and save all of my vaped herb. Makes the best butter ever. I put a pound of butter and about a cup and a half or two if you have it Into a mini crockpot set it to low wait 8 hours. Strain. Refrigerate and enjoy.

When I make cookies with this butter all hell breaks loose! haha

12. I've made over 180 brownies with 1.1 vaped herb in each one. No bad reviews, only good.

So yea definitely save it.

13. Save it! I use it to roll 50% with in joints or blunts to stretch my weed farther. You can also use it for cooking.

14. Great tip on the joints! Genius. Thanks :)

15. [quote name='"WorkaholicsGirl"']Save it! I use it to roll 50% with in joints or blunts to stretch my weed farther. You can also use it for cooking.[/quote]

Vaped green has one hell of a taste

16. I mix some in occasionally as well, but if I use 50% I get complaints from the wife. The taste and smell from smoking Already Vaped Bud leaves a lot to be desired. I find I can use a bit more in blunts because the wrapper covers up a lot of the taste.

17. I've found abv in some ways is more potent per weight you remove all the moisture which makes up about 50% of the bud weight so .5g of abv was 1g of bud

18. It's not bad at all. Actually try it 50/50 with some fresh bud and you will see.

19. #19 Riffer Madness, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    me and my friend tried stuffing "crunchies" as we call em into medium/large pill capsules and were going to swallow them, but ended up chewing them up instead & washing it down with half & half (half milk/half cream) as a fat source.

it tasted really good. almost like something you'd season a steak with. 4 capsules each boosted our high, but nothing major.

someone with a lower tollerance (we had high tollerances because we had been living in a tent fogging it out with weed for about 3-4 weeks straight lol) probably would have gotten a decent high off it.

On the other hand, smoking crunchies is very harsh. The better the weed *was*, the harsher the crunchies are.

Personally i smoke em, but if i had a big ol fat stash id eat em instead for sure.

EDIT: we vape till they are brown and not giving up much vape, so our crunchies are probably weaker than most

20. I always save my vaped herb. :)
    I sometimes undervape my trenches in my MFLB just because I know I'm going to be making edibles with it.