Should I Start LST for my Plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by almostgrower, Mar 1, 2015.

1. So she's officially 1 month old today. I Finally Got Her Stem Strong & Healthy, It Was Weak From Me Stretching Her Wen She Was First Planted.. But I Have Her Up Under 4 CFLs There's 2 in the top reflector 1 on the side && 1 sitting in front I took down to take the pics && Should I Move The Lights Further Away So She Can Stretch Out More, She Also Has Alot Of New Growth Under The Top Leaves Should I Start LST To Give Them More Light

Attached Files:

2. No....but the sticks are counterproductive to stem strengthening

3. Actually the stick was just there for support until she could stand up on her own && it worked great I Did start LST on her && it's working great since I don't have much space vertically

Attached Files:

4. No need to LST. LST and topping /FIM are not normally used together. Using LST you are keeping the plant close to the soil by bending it and wrapping it around the pot or tiring it down to the ground. Topping/FIM creates a bush with multiple tops. It's used to create a shorter bushy plant instead of a tall xmas tree like plant.

It looks like you are using a sand box bucket. Did you place holes in the bottom to allow the excess water to drain out? What are you using for soil. The most important needs of cannabis is lighting, soil and water. With the right soil and lighting you can grow great flowers using plain water. No bottles of nutrients. Spending a few bucks on the proper soil, lighting and pots will take you far. I suggest looking into fabric pots such as GeoPots or SmartPots. I like GeoPots as they are better quality. They are reuse-able and create a better rootball and don't become rootbound. They cost about the same as hard pots and work a lot better. The light you are using now is too close to the plant. The gear can burn the plant and cause burnt leaves and stresses the plant. It may be the reason it's so small. Temps should stay between 75-85. Anything too low causes slow growth and anything too high can slow growth and cause wilting. You should have a temp/ humidity gauge in you grow area. Humidity is also important in plant growth especially for young seedlings and clones. Too much can cause mold and mildew. Which is also a reason to run a fan to move air around. It also moves carbon dioxide to the plant and helps the plant release oxygen so it can absorb co2. When growing indoors you are trying to reproduce ideal conditions the plant needs. The more like an outdoor environment helps the plant grow healthy and strong.

5. #5 almostgrower, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    Thanks for the insight but I'm using a regular pot now && a 5gal bucket for my other plant.. && she's not small she's tied down she would be too tall if I hadn't used LST thrse pics are from earlier today they seem to be doing great to me the only, problems I have encountered so far are my my tree growing to my lights && burning tips.. but nothing else.. I'm using organic Jiffy soil for seed starting it have Lil to no nutrients in it because I'm using The Flora Series. Of nutes
    My temp pretty much stays at 82 wen the lights are on && 78 wen there off.. I don't know Wats the humidity but wen it feels dry I just sit a cup or two of water in my grow area..

Attached Files:

6. If you are burning tips the lights are way to close. You should be able to place your hand just above the plants and be able tolerate your hand being there for a few mins. If it's too hot how your hand it's too hot for the plants. Depending on the light you should have 6 inches to feet between lights and plants.